Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blood & Plunder 150 point game AAR  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
Blood & Plunder 150 point game AAR
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
Today we had time to play our second game. This time we used 150 point lists.

My French Buccaneers had:
Experienced commander Achille LaChange
two units of three Boucaniers
two units of five Marins
a unit of five Filibusters
a unit of four Les Enfants Perdus

The English Buccaneers had:
Experienced commander
a unit of five Freebooters
a unit of four Freebooters
a unit of six Seadogs
a unit of four Boucaniers (Traitors)
a unit of four Forlorn Hope

Our mission was to Take and Hold the pond in the middle of the table. Maybe it wqs the only source of fresh water nearby or even the Fountain of Youth.
Initial deployment: I deployed The Enfants Perdus to my left flank with some Marins. Their aim was to take the rocky terrain in the middle of the board. Middle of the table were occupied by my Filibusters and Boucaniers who were deployed on the hill to give covering fire. On the Right flank in the sand were my other unit of Marins.

On turn one we both moved our troops to better positions. My Boucaniers managed to inflict a casualty to the Forlorn Hope and they also took one point of fatigue. The other unit of my boucaniers managed to do the same think to the freebooters. My opponent's traitorous Boucaniers also gave fire, but didn't hit a thing. The remaining Forlorn Hope moved swiftly towards the rocks and were is position to charge my Enfants Perdus on turn two.

On the second turn I managed to get the first activation and chose to activate the Enfants as my man with the granades was within 5" of the soon to be charging Forlorn hope. They took both actions to safely throw the explosives. We had ruled that the rocks only had visibility of 3", so my other troops were unable to shoot. At first I failed hitting with the bomb, but then I tossed some silver to the guys (Used a fortune point), so I got two hits. Forlorn hope lost two models and got two points of more fatigue and routed.

The the Seadogs charged my Enfants killing two of them, but my the resolve of the French held.(I had luck and saved two hits. The Enfant's save is quite poor. They need eights to save.)
Then it was my Marins who joined the ongoing melee. Their charge inflicted five hits with their ability of Hard Chargers and rerols got from pistols. This time it was my opponent who used a fortune coin for all his initial saving throws failed. With the re-roll only two seadogs perished and their morale held.
The Freebooters in the middle got some hits to my Filibusters, but they managed to save all the hits with thei openground saving throw of nine. My Captain LaChange was really a lucky guy not just by name. He moved his Filibusters next to a more safe position from the fire that was coming from the woods. At the same time he ordered the Boucaniers to reload more hastely and demanded that the charged Marins put some heart to the fight with the Seadogs. This time the Marins ended the lives of two more Seadogs making them become shaken and flee.
There was some muscetry in the middle of the board, but neither side managed to get any hits.
As the last activation for the turn I charged the other group of Marins 9" through the bushes and hit the other unit of Freebooters. I got one fatigue for the long run and received another point from defensive fire that killed one the Marins. It was a close call, but my gamble paid off and after killing two of the Freebooters the English were shaken.

By the end of turn two I had managed to inflict casulties worth of two strike points so the English had to test against their resolve of five.
Even after spending a fortune point the English had had it and left the fountain to the French.
It was all over in two bloody turns.

Kiitos ja moi!
Samu

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Blood & Plunder 150 point game AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
Enchanting terrain and figures! I wish you have many exciting games with them and share with us!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
Nice table and your figures look great!

A very quick and brutal game.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »
Interesting (and handsome) battle report - thanks.

-Michael

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 02:02:31 AM »
Thanks for the battle report.
I just purchased the rule book today.
Plan to start reading it tonight.
Semper Fi, Mac