Forum > Adventures in the Far East

6mm Sengoku Jidai

<< < (3/64) > >>

Osmoses:

--- Quote from: johnl5555 on July 19, 2017, 01:26:57 AM ---  Wow. this is just AWESOME! Plus you re using one of my favorite rule sets. I have a ton of painted 20mm-1/72 Samurai. Just no rule set. Is this POB variant posted anywhere? I would love to see it.

Thanks,

John

--- End quote ---

Thanks. There's not much to the rules variant, the biggest thing was I changed it to work on a grid for movement. Otherwise it's standard PoB. Each unit is essentially the same 'combined arms' entity, average values are C10 D8 and each unit shoots with a D8 (short range 1 square, long range 2).

Each army has a Messenger marker or two, these are allocated to commanders on a command card. The 'Move 1 command' card then means that you can move 1 command that has an attached messenger.

The Tactical Advantage card is replaced by a 'Bushi' card. This can be played to end a combat after one round, prevent an opponent following up or to give a die shift at the start of a combat. There's a duelling mini-game that's then played in order for the chosen mode to succeed. (Many of the anecdotal acts of heroism in the Sengoku accounts are to do with what are essentially rearguard actions).

I think I'm going to work on a non-PoB version but if that doesn't work, then PoB is a decent fall-back.

Osmoses:
Another village base added.

mellis1644:
Very impressive looking figs and game. Looks like a real battle. :)

SaltyWendigo:
This is awesome  :o

Osmoses:
Hashiba Hideyoshi:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version