Forum > Adventures in the Far East

6mm Sengoku Jidai

<< < (50/64) > >>

jon_1066:
Looking amazing as ever.  Small is probably the wrong adjective given the scope!  The difference is in the base element and what it represents I believe?  So small battles the base elements are different weapon types (eg spears, bows, cavalry etc are mounted on separate bases).  For the large battles the base element is a Sonae - so a mix of weapon types united by a clan and a leader.

Perhaps Tactical and Strategic?  Strategic sounds a bit too far out in scope. 

Tactical and Grand Tactical?   

Gumi and Sonae?

Daisho and Daimyo?

I guess small and large is as good as any! 

Osmoses:
Yeah, I've used 'small' and 'large' as a descriptor for the size of battle in terms of combatants. So a battle with 700 men on one side and 1,000 would be small according to most people's definition. But if you do it at a 1:1 figure scale it becomes 'big' in terms of the game I suppose. It's much easier in 19th century rules where you could just use army/corps level and brigade/divisional level. Traditionally, wargames rules haven't had these different levels of battle for ancient and medieval periods, and there aren't usually the same clear terms for organisational units.

Indeed the difference is in the base unit. For the large battle game the base units are 'sonae,' composed of a mix of weapon types, whereas in the smaller game the base unit is a 'kumi' which could be a unit where everyone has the same weapon. Though, the period I'm focussing on at the moment for small battles probably didn't have dedicated weapons groups.

Osmoses:
Some more generals bases. Takeda this time.

25mm x 30mm bases.
Takeda Shingen, Baba Nobuharu, Kudō Sukenaga and Oyamada Nobuari, (or Nobushige etc.)

fred:
Those are some very nice command stands!

Those banners with the script on, it must be tiny!

Osmoses:
Shingen's square, black 'Sun Tzu' banner there is 8mm square. The red Suwa long banner is 3.5mm x 16mm  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version