Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Talomir Tales - A Warrior Heroes campaign blog  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
Talomir Tales - A Warrior Heroes campaign blog
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
I have now launched a separate blog for my Warrior Heroes and Warrior Heroes: Armies and Adventures campaign. The idea is to play out the skirmish games against the broader political and military background of the massed battles campaign. We are starting the campaign with just four nations on the map, but hope to expand the campaign as and when we get new armies painted.
http://talomir.blogspot.com/

Currently the blog has short descriptions of two of the armies in the campaign with background on the nations they come from. I have also transferred over the Search for Griselda posts from the Ooh Shiny Complex. More background information will follow, and we hope to begin the massed battles campaign in April.

I hope this is of interest to some,
Ruarigh
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.

Offline Mad Carew Snr

• Scientist
  • One in the Eye for the little yellow god
Re: Talomir Tales - A Warrior Heroes campaign blog
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
I don't know the game system but it looks interesting - I'll start following and see how things develop  :)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »
Looks nice. Keep us informed.

I must admit I've never started 6mm as it looks like a lot of work to me. And I'm notoriously lazy...
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »
I must admit I've never started 6mm as it looks like a lot of work to me. And I'm notoriously lazy...
Ah, 6mm is the really lazy person's scale! It is so quick to paint once you get the technique right that you can complete whole armies in an afternoon. I am also very lazy, so much so in fact, that I only base my armies on 40mm x 20mm bases instead of the 60mm x 30mm bases that I feel I should be using!! :)

Pete Berry at Baccus reckons he can manage 1 figure per minute. That means one normal infantry stand as shown on my blog takes 16 minutes to paint. I reckon I take about 20 to 25 minutes to do that. Compare that with the time and effort required to paint just one 28mm figure and you quickly see that 6mm armies are perfect for lazy people.

Cheers,
Ruarigh