Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

The 50 Model Challenge

(1/2) > >>

Shamash-Bel:
I, as I'm many others do, have a backlog of miniatures as long as my arm. I keep buying and making that lead mountain taller and taller by the day.

So I'm setting myself a challenge and hoping for some mild peer pressure to keep me on the straight and narrow:

The 50 Model Challenge
The challenge is simple: Until 50 (or more) models have been painted to a tabletop standard, no more models may be purchased. Paints may be purchased, other hobby equipment may be purchased, but no models. Models MAY be traded for or obtained for free, but no cash may be exchange for them. No, it doesn't matter how good that deal looks, put it back!

I'm going to be getting involved in the Army Painters 2017 as well, but the main purpose is for this. I'll be using this thread to maintain a count and links to wherever I post my pictures.

I invite anyone else with the same problem to join me in doing this and chopping at least the very tippity tip off that mountain.

Challenge Log
(AP 2017) Steel Knights and Techno-Barbarians

Elbows:
Phew, good luck.  I'm far better than most at shrinking my plastic/metal mountain, but I can't skip on the occasional eBay deal (doesn't hurt that I paint them within about 24 hours of getting them in the mail!).

I keep a tally of my painted and finished miniatures in my signature and it's exciting to edit that when I finish stuff.

Shamash-Bel:

--- Quote from: Elbows on July 20, 2017, 09:45:51 PM ---Phew, good luck.  I'm far better than most at shrinking my plastic/metal mountain, but I can't skip on the occasional eBay deal (doesn't hurt that I paint them within about 24 hours of getting them in the mail!).

I keep a tally of my painted and finished miniatures in my signature and it's exciting to edit that when I finish stuff.

--- End quote ---

It's gonna be a long and hard road, but it's one I must walk.

(Also, I'm a really bad painter so having to paint before I can buy helps with paralysis. :p)

vodkafan:
If you are really serious 50 models is an attainable goal in about a month or 6 weeks.   10 at a time, batch painting, while you are painting the first 10 get the next lot primed and undercoated, the third lot cleaned up....get a pipeline going.  I am a terrible slow painter and I just completed  36, admittedly twice that number are in the pipeline right now but you can do it!

FierceKitty:
I have the opposite problem; until 10mm Aztecs come out, I'm more or less in limbo....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version