Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Three Musketeers - Larger than Life! - Update 09/06 - Monsieur de Tréville  (Read 25611 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
https://www.hobbies.co.uk/match-craft-bow-top-caravan-matchstick-kit

Hard to know without a fixed scale, I think it sounds a bit large, but some parts might be useful. Then again, I was already thinking of using match sticks and coffee-stirrers over a cardboard frame over the Lemax wagon body, so it might be easier in the end to stick with my scratchbuilding idea.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Love to see what you do with the Mexican girl - rather than a gypsy, perhaps a bargirl and object of momentary affection from one of the key musketeer characters?

Lemax make cool stuff but fragile as all get out.  My wife has a VERY LARGE collection of houses and other stuff that, usually, gets set up at Xmas time.  Virtually impossible to set up and take down and put away without something getting broken - usually several somethings, even with great care.  I think we are over 50 buildings.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
To be fair, the same probably applies when setting up and taking down a very large miniatures collection.   :'(
I have a lot of suitable lemax buildings for 28/30mm scenery and a load of the victorian looking figures for my 60-65mm projects. So far I have been able to avoid too many accidents.

I have another mini that can be used as a bargirl. I fear this one is a bit too exotic for a regular French girl.  ;)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
From what I can see, those are 1/48 scale and my project is in ~1/28 (~65mm) scale.

As our friends across the Pond would say, 'My bad.'  :(
Might be worth looking at the Dolls House companies.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
(not to mention a baby due in a couple weeks)

Slight aside, but congrats to you and your good lady Seb.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hard to know without a fixed scale, I think it sounds a bit large, but some parts might be useful. Then again, I was already thinking of using match sticks and coffee-stirrers over a cardboard frame over the Lemax wagon body, so it might be easier in the end to stick with my scratchbuilding idea.

I was looking at overall height (12cm) and judging the door accordingly.  If your minis are 65mm high, it doesn’t look too bad. 

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Thanks for your reactions, gentlemen. And that's how asking a simple opinion about a single figure leads into a new and bigger idea to add to the project. lol

Might be worth looking at the Dolls House companies.

Oh yes, the 1/24 dollhouse scale is closest. Slightly oversize, but I've been tempted to get some of their stuff. So far, I've limited myself to purchasing doors and the like, as they might aid my scratchbuilding attempts.

I was looking at overall height (12cm) and judging the door accordingly.  If your minis are 65mm high, it doesn’t look too bad. 

You are right. It's mostly the "building the whole model from matchsticks" part that scares me.  ;D

Slight aside, but congrats to you and your good lady Seb.

Thanks. As if I didn't have enough things getting in the way of hobby time as it is.  lol