Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Bertrand (Warlord ECW)  (Read 10492 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Plastic Bertrand (Warlord ECW)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 07:57:45 AM »
That's a most excellent paintjob that should help sell a few boxes if submitted to Warlord. :o

Oh and:
за plane pour moi за plane pour moi
за plane pour moi moi moi moi moi
за plane pour moi
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
за plane pour moi

Offline Mad Carew Snr

• Scientist
  • One in the Eye for the little yellow god
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »

Oh and:
за plane pour moi
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
за plane pour moi

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Offline MuleSkinner

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 08:34:41 AM »
cool song, remember pogoing to it at the school disco  lol
does everyone remember the video tho? no offense to the belgians but they had a wierd idea of what punk was  o_o
back to the figure tho..... i see what you mean about the lack of buckles but stood alongside the other manufacturers figures, it's hardly noticeable at all.
the paintjob is lovely btw.
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:14 AM »

they ... can't quite get used to metal historical figures that cost less than a plastic spacewomble.

That is very funny  lol lol (but true - my kids have the same attitude)

On the plus side, the club has 18 regular members now, and 50% are playing historical games every week, (mostly WWII), but thanks to plastic Romans and Celts three are collecting ancients, and a couple were looking at Napoleonics this afternoon. Parents have said they are happier buying Ospreys (educational) rather than a "Codex"

Fastolfrus, that is great news and lovely to hear. Keep up the good work  :)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
Oh and:
за plane pour moi
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
за plane pour moi

You utter bastard, I only just got the tune out of my head from reading this thread yesterday and now its back with all its friends, wearing noisy boots!

That aside, that is a damn fine job Cap'n. I'm actually surprised how good it looks next to the other figs. It actually looks better than the example one in WI. Top job.  8)

Offline cdr

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 01:16:06 PM »
 aaah Plastic Bertrand, another fine outing for Belgian surrealism (I am the king of the divan....)

nice painting tough

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »

Fastolfrus, that is great news and lovely to hear. Keep up the good work  :)

Next term we might be trying out FIW skirmishes - something they've never seen yet, the 18th century doesn't exist in the modern history curriculum.
Oddly enough, if you look at the history curriculum, it seems to miss out almost all the bits where we were fighting against the French....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

Next term we might be trying out FIW skirmishes - something they've never seen yet, the 18th century doesn't exist in the modern history curriculum.

Such a shame. Show them Barry Lyndon.  ;)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Such a shame. Show them Barry Lyndon.  ;)

...and then wake them up three hours later.  lol

Cracking review, very helpful.

I too, enjoyed the title of the thread, but there seems to be some kind of weird resurgence of Plastic Bertrand going on lately. Here in the states, "Ca Plan Pour Moi" has been used recently as the theme to a Pepsi commercial and in a promo for the televison show "Gossip Girl". One wouldn't have thought that a disposable novelty tune from 30 years ago would have had such longevity...!
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »
I actually saw him live on an open air (and free) concert in Brussels a year or two ago and he really does look like he's made of plastic (looking really fit for a guy his age) and it was really fun. The silly tunes still work.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »
Great review and paint job Cap'n. I agree yours is much better than the one in WI!

Even with all your doubts and criticisms of the figure, you've convinced me that these have a definite place in my ECW army. Though not perfect, they are cheap, I'm used to painting plastics and they will be very easy to convert with minimal blood-loss. I'm impressed that he looks right next to the other figures [all from ranges where I don't own anything] as well as Perry and Foundry. I'll keep my Perrys and Foundrys for skirmishing, personality figures etc and use a few boxes of these little chaps to bulk out my army for larger scraps :D

Also, there seem to be plenty of wooly Monmouth caps on the sprues [which are my favourites for ordinary infantrymen] so the spare floppy hats will also come in very useful for customizing some of my Darkest Africa figures  ;)

Offline garyapsledene

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »
To Svennn the DH Nut

How did you get yourself a sprue of the Perry Riflemen?

I have got the Victrix Centre/Flank company of British Infantry plus bought some Light Infantry heads to make a British Light Batt for the surplus flank infantry.

Just need some Riflemen to complete the skirmish British Army.
I've been told that I am an all round nice guy, well, that what he said before I shot him

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
lovely review, but i would go with renegade any day, the other plastics all look the same despite the "multi pose" factor. and i think you can get those renegade minis in regiment deals for VERY cheap.....

http://renegademiniatures.com/regecw.htm

what did i tell you....

TW
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
Oddly enough, if you look at the history curriculum, it seems to miss out almost all the bits where we were fighting against the French....

The French Revolution is taught in many schools, though, as it was an option in KS3.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »
The French Revolution is taught in many schools, though, as it was an option in KS3.

But sadly they seem to spend 80% of their KS3 lessons on 1918-1950, largely without any military content at all. It's still possible for GCSE history pupils to reach the exam without knowing why Hitler wasn't invited to Yalta.