Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New life for the Firefly 'Verse'  (Read 4279 times)

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
Re: New life for the Firefly 'Verse'
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
I've made a little facebook group for this game if anyone is interested in joining - will focus on the hobby side of things mostly.

Hopefully we will hear some more info coming out of Gencon shortly!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1971072806483793/

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
Pre-Order Up!!!!!

Comes with some shiny extras from the looks of things too including a "Very" Casual Mal  lol

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=13463

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »
Pre order made.

I like the pre-prder bonus stuff - wouldn't mind adding more crates and suchlike.

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 04:58:18 AM »
I've also made a pre-order. I think it is a good price for the 20 models alone, and they shipping to Australia was reasonable too. Can't knock the extra sci-fi crates and monitors either!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:43 AM »
The store gives an error for me when trying to preorder. Anyone knows how to preorder in Europe?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
The store gives an error for me when trying to preorder. Anyone knows how to preorder in Europe?

Checking the game on the site seems to state the following:

This pre-order offer is open to any members of this group and their friends for a two-week period starting today at 4pm US EST and closing on the 28th Sept at the same time. We want to be able to make all of this resin before the game docks at our offices so have to limit the offer window to make sure we have the time we need.

I'm guessing one would need to belong to "this group" or at least be friends with a member to be able to order?

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »
Wait...a special pre-order for Facebook members? Wow, that's a new one for me. And a bit silly too...
But let's hope there are options! I have messaged my local store, hope they can get one.

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »
I've also pre-ordered and I'm not a member of the Facebook group.  I'm not sure why your order didn't work out. 
Beastsofwar covered the details of the pre-order including the Facebook group stuff (Link Below)

http://www.beastsofwar.com/firefly-adventures-brigands-and-browncoats/grab-special-preorder-gf9s/

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:47 AM »
Wait...a special pre-order for Facebook members? Wow, that's a new one for me. And a bit silly too...
But let's hope there are options! I have messaged my local store, hope they can get one.

I am not, and will never be, a FaceBook user. My pre-order worked fine.

Ten bucks postage to Australia is also pretty reasonable.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 07:38:58 AM »
Same here, 10,00 € flat to Germany. Ordered.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 07:55:34 AM »
I've had ordering failures with non-Latin characters in the address and also once because a site didn't let me enter my address in the same exact form as its only accepted payment method (PayPal) gave back o_o

Haven't tried ordering this package tho so can't say if it could be either of those.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »
Mailed Battlefront and apparently they had some trouble with the site. Should be fine now! 8)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 12:52:49 AM »
Just heard back from Battlefront and the only way to order extra 'freebie' like the safe and crates is to order an extra game. These items will, however, be available for separate purchase later in the year.

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 02:22:46 AM »
I tried to order a copy but was unable to. At some point, I accidentally had two in the cart and this seemed to work but I obviously didn't want two. I assumed this was a glitch in the website and wrote to them about the problem a couple of days ago, but didn't hear back from them. Now following Muzfish4's post I realise the impossibility to order a single copy may be intentional. I have to say I'm baffled.

More generally, I've made a fairly large number of purchases from various retailers and manufacturers as of recently, and the service ranged from stellar to pathetic, if not borderline fraudulent. I'm wondering if it might not be worthwhile starting a thread where members of the forum routinely report on their experience with their online orders, so that the community can be aware of the general quality of the service one can expect form various retailers.

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 02:38:44 AM »
I realise the impossibility to order a single copy may be intentional.

Guys, honestly I don't think there is anything dodgy or fraudulent going on here. I successfully ordered a single copy as soon as it became available, from my cruddy mobile browser, with no problems.

If there are some website glitches, let Battlefront know. I would suggest trying a different browser or computer, as there may be a compatibility issue on your end which are causing the issues. Their website may be a little old fashioned, but to say that this is bad service seems a little unfair.

Muzfish was referring to the extras which you get free if you pre-order - these are not available to order separately at the moment, if you want more of them you will need to order extra sets of the core game.