Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New life for the Firefly 'Verse'  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: New life for the Firefly 'Verse'
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 04:50:58 AM »
Muzfish was referring to the extras which you get free if you pre-order - these are not available to order separately at the moment, if you want more of them you will need to order extra sets of the core game.

Sorry if I was unclear. I ordered a single copy (with no problem) and enquired directly with Battlefront if it was possible to add a few more of the 'freebie' items like the safe or the cargo crates.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »
And it's here.

Alas, Mrs Fish has seen the item and suggested that I'll enjoy being surprised by receiving this for my birthday next month so I have no idea what the content of the box look like as yet.

The resin 'freebie' items (which I get to keep now) look pretty good. The crates all have either $500, $1000 or an icon depicting a single die on their bottom which would seem to suggest they have an in-game effect. Happy to take a photos and post if there is any interest in this.

Anyway, my Fifty Pacific Pesos (plus reasonable postage) looks, on initial inspection to be reasonably well spent.

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to post pictures showing the scale of the figures. Do they work with 28-30mm miniatures?

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 06:45:51 AM »
Comparison pix would certainly be nice.

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »
I was also excited about this game when I first read of it, not so much because I am a fan of Firefly (I enjoyed it, but not the biggest fan of the Western theme) as I was excited that it might be a module that could interface with the excellent GF9 Firefly board game (my favorite board game, hands down), that it might provide fun solo gaming experiences, or that it might at least offer a game system that could hand skirmish combat as well as stealth and negotiation tactics. Sadly, after reading through the rules, I cannot say I would ever want to play this game, as it does not tic a single one of those boxes for me. What is more, no matter how I approach it, it just doesn't seem fun. It seems more like a tabletop version of one of those mobile RPGs that does not give the player any advantage for strategy and tactics-rather, just keep mashing the button (or throwing dice) and eventually you will win.

I think GF9 missed the boat by not making this game compatible with the Firefly pick-up/delivery game. A working, fun combination could have been truly mind-blowing.

That's just my take. I hope others here get enjoyment from it!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »
Comparison pic with resin'freebie' items only:

From L to R: Reaper Bones, Firefly, Steel Fist, Firefly, Wargames Factory, Calpe, Studio

Studio's not-Snake and all items in the 'freebie' kit

Reaper Bones miniature with hostage and very Casual Mal.

While I'm at it, here's a few shots of the scenery items too:

Bottom of cases with in-game text

Front and back of terminals, monitors and suchlike. One sprue is bent but its contents should be fine for use once removed.