Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:10:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Reaper Bones 4 KS under way  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: (Kickstarter) Reaper Bones 4 KS under way
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »
Long enough for you to add something to your pledge that you unexpectedly want further down the track and then no longer need even further down the track when your order arrives.

lol that's true... but I'm guessing lots of us are just miniatures addicts...  :D
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 09:08:21 PM »

I think the selection of figures in the Core set is, all in all, pretty good. The only figures I’m not fond off are the Snake Cultist, the Small World Heroes and Baba Yaga… I already have close to half the figures in the Chronoscope Expansion in metal. The Lost Valley Expansion figures look good and might be useful for a Pulp setting… The Dungeon tiles might be useful too but I fear they are a little expensive and, if made in Bones material, might be warped.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
Yes, the tiles look nice but look small too. 2"x2"?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »
I going to have to get the dinosaurs. They look great.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:08 AM »
The Dungeon tiles might be useful too but I fear they are a little expensive and, if made in Bones material, might be warped.

Aside from Dwarven Forge, most game tiles I've found on KS are $1 or so apiece. ForgePrints will have an AdventureScapes KS starting September 6th. EB pledges will be for the first week, and will have 80-100 pieces for $65. The pieces can be used with other game tiles, including the Stones tiles in the Reaper KS. I have the original Stones tiles in non-Bones plastic and they're just fine. Dunno how these Reaper KS game tiles will turn out. The FP mimics set I have is in resin, so their pieces might also be in resin. : https://forgeprints.com/

Core, Darkmire, Baba Yaga's Hut, Tree of Despair, two paint sets. Hoping for mouslings!  :D
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
FWIW, the Bones 3 stuff that I've bought so far (I didn't back it) have had far fewer problems with bendiness and weird warping than earlier Bones figs.  Even the relatively thin stuff has been straight, and the only large piece that needed even minimal straightening was the Dark Young of Shubbie in the Mythos set.  May be my imagination but some of the figs (eg most of the humans in the Mythos set) seem to be cast in a slightly firmer gray material that appears to keep fine detail better.  Not as hard as the stuff in the shipping container, but it still seems more rigid than white Bones.  Maybe adding a bit of color alters the properties of Bones plastic slightly?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

I ended up making a  pledge for a few of my "must haves." There's a bunch of other stuff that I like, but because of the long lead time, I'm going to pass and maybe pick up when it goes on general sale if I'm still interested.

Since the pledge manager is open much longer than the KS campaign, does that mean things can be added after the KS itself ends?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »
Yes, you can add for a long time before you lock it in.

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

I ended up making a  pledge for a few of my "must haves." There's a bunch of other stuff that I like, but because of the long lead time, I'm going to pass and maybe pick up when it goes on general sale if I'm still interested.

Since the pledge manager is open much longer than the KS campaign, does that mean things can be added after the KS itself ends?

Yes, but I think you have to make the initial pledge before the end of the campaign to get those prices.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
I'm not sure on that. I think they let anyone come in after pledging has finished for a good few months. They'd be silly not to take more people's money.
Only about an hour and a half to go now.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »
Yes, and you can add to your pledges later as well.

They've added a huge Wooly Mammoth now!  :o

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
Thanks. I may end up waiting on a few things, then.

A few of those $50 deals are borderline for me. Almost enough to make me buy... but not sure yet. I've already got a pledge for some stuff in, so it's good to know I can decide to go for it later on. Ultimately, I have a feeling that they will end up with more of my money if I get to wait on some of it.  ;D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »
I think I'll go for that $50 dinosaur/cavemen bunch. There are some things I like in the pledger choice $50 deal (the latest one) but a lot I don't want in it as well. The mammoth I want but I may just have to get that later (or just buy the DeeZee ones I've been wanting for my grenadier barbarian army)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2017, 01:17:57 AM »
I don't want to go all in on this so I haven't backed, But the great thing about reaper is that I can rely on them to bring everything to retail in good time and for it to still be affordable! So thankyou to everyone who did back and ensured that i can get myself a mammoth in the future  lol
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
I'm not sure on that. I think they let anyone come in after pledging has finished for a good few months. They'd be silly not to take more people's money.
I know I was able to buy into the last KS after it ended, at the KS prices. 
Mike