Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] US-IMF sci-fi combat vehicles (15mm & 28mm)  (Read 1945 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: [KICKSTARTER] US-IMF sci-fi combat vehicles (15mm & 28mm)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
A year is nothing when talking about Kickstarter - especially ones of this size and from the smaller companies that still only rely upon a couple of dedicated staff etc.

If you see a company able to get the product to you in less than a year, ask yourself if it is because there are only a couple of dozen sculpts which are already sculpted and ready to go. Or if it's because they are a bigger company and they actually have a lot of the groundwork done and are just waiting to get the moulds produced and casting underway?

I say this because in theory, it should only be the likes of the smaller companies that should be using KS. The entire concept is to bring product to market that would otherwise be impossible or difficult for companies to bring to market. So in otherwords, the sculpting and casting has largely not been done.

So for me, Antenociti is not only using KS properly but they are also being really fair and honest by giving you a fair deadline to expect the product by.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
The problem is that the Kickstarter is to fund the production, if it does not make the targets it might not get made.

Not quite sure I understand your meaning...

The initial models are already funded, so irrespective of how much more we take, those models will get made. The funding is not for production, the funding is for 3D print costs.

Follow up items "stretch" goals, will only get made if they get unlocked, so in that respect, if you only, or primarily, want items in the stretch goals, then, yes, they might not get made as they were never unlocked during the Kickstarter.

Again though, funding for even the stretch goals is not for production, but print costs, so once unlocked, they will get made. 

(So, I'm thinking you mean the stretch goals not being unlocked?)

FWIW If this kickstarter were for funding production it would need to be an order of magnitude greater(and to be honest a lot, lot more... just for wages f.ex)

Or did you mean something else entirely?
\"You don\'t need eyes to see, you need vision.\"

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »
I quite like these, and I feel the delay to delivery is very reasonable.

That said, the kickstarter is not for me. I'd rather wait for these to be available for sale, even if don't benefit from the considerable discount. I appreciate this is a bit immature but when I purchase minis I enjoy the near instant gratification of having the toys in hand shortly. Though, what holds me back even more is the lack of exclusives. This may again be a bit immature, but it is generally the fear of missing out on some exclusive thingy that triggers me to back kickstarters.

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
I quite like these, and I feel the delay to delivery is very reasonable.

That said, the kickstarter is not for me. I'd rather wait for these to be available for sale, even if don't benefit from the considerable discount. I appreciate this is a bit immature but when I purchase minis I enjoy the near instant gratification of having the toys in hand shortly. Though, what holds me back even more is the lack of exclusives. This may again be a bit immature, but it is generally the fear of missing out on some exclusive thingy that triggers me to back kickstarters.

Hehe.. I don't think it's immature...

You should see the office when a parcel arrives for somebody and it isn't work related "New toys!! Show us what ya got!"

It might be very "Male" or that and Wargamer New Toys Syndrome.. either way, it's very common.  :-)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 05:29:43 PM »
I know I couldn't afford what it would cost, but seeing that ogre in 28mm would be Awesome!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
The problem is that the Kickstarter is to fund the production, if it does not make the targets it might not get made.

The initial models are already funded, so irrespective of how much more we take, those models will get made. The funding is not for production, the funding is for 3D print costs.

Follow up items "stretch" goals, will only get made if they get unlocked, so in that respect, if you only, or primarily, want items in the stretch goals, then, yes, they might not get made as they were never unlocked during the Kickstarter.

Again though, funding for even the stretch goals is not for production, but print costs, so once unlocked, they will get made. 

Umm, I think I meant production as in making the tools/masters/moulds required.

I made no comment on the time part of your Kickstarter, you know all the details of the process.

I did not mean to cause offence.

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »

Umm, I think I meant production as in making the tools/masters/moulds required.

I made no comment on the time part of your Kickstarter, you know all the details of the process.

I did not mean to cause offence.

Not offended Ultra,

Just wary of how Kickstarters easily get labelled as something they are not - in this case, the suggestion that we're trying to fund standard production from the KS goal.money.

We're not a startup and this KS isn't big enough to put a dent in our normal supplies of silicone or resin, it is almost entirely for the 3D print costs. As such your comment that this IS for funding production and that models might not get made is inaccurate.

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
Marten and Musk-OX now unlocked.

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
Eagle / Kestrel Comp~

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 09:04:50 PM »
Mech Size comparisons:

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
Everything now unlocked:  33 hours to go till close:

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
I may be missing something but how do I work out how much the models will cost?
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »
Go to the project page. Hit search function (control-F for Chrome and IE, may vary), type "Kickstarter Prices", commit search, look at the piccies under the heading. HTH.

The only thing missing seems to be the separate turret prices.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
thanks for that. I found the prices and backed it. The long wait will give me chance to paint some infantry...