Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) - Bruegelburg - A day at the fair - 10 hours left  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: (KICKSTARTER) - Bruegelburg - A day at the fair - Painted little rascal
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »
Cheers, Michael :)

today one of the first painting jobs from the new range, the little rascal!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
(KICKSTARTER) - Bruegelburg - A day at the fair - Knight of the Hobbyhorse
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
Some further painted examples today.

The current stretch goal, the famous Knight of the Hobbyhorse  :)

and the scenery shot of the Balalaika Maiden

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 05:10:38 AM »
Excellent!  And those pigs really seem to be grooving to those tunes.

-Michael

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
All incredibly cool!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
WONDERFUL! The miniatures, Old & New, are BEAUTIFULLY painted characters, each with their own unique personality.
The setting raises the miniatures to a higher level, placing them in a story awaiting the telling. FANTASTICALLY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 01:10:12 PM »
Hi Guys
I love the figures and am thinking of jumping into the Kickstarter.

However, I am a bit discouraged by the stretch goals, I really don’t want to get those sacks, i can get those from various others, the strength of your figures is the character of your figures. Now I understand that the kickstater allows you to make these, with little financial risk to your company, it looks like you will get at least 4 times the amount of funding you needed to produce this range. But as a backer I can see very little upside to giving you the money upfront, the cost of your figures is pretty much that which you are charging in the Kickstarter.

I probably will jump in but I can see how you might get more backers if you would put up figures as stretch goals and even put up future stretch goals and at what point in your funding do you need to reach in order to put in another stretch goal.

William

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »
thanks for your feedback, William, and thank you for the consideration to join this Kickstarter. We actually have many customers who are looking forward to get these baskets and sacks as they are useful for many of them but I absolutely get your point. No worries, we are going to bring some more figures as stretch goals and to create more value for you and other backers and these miniatures are going to be very nice characters :) You know, we are still in the first week of this Kickstarter and the journey will take more than two further weeks and as mentioned, more goals and add-ons are being prepared.

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
That is great I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Again fantastic Figures.

William

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
(KICKSTARTER) - Bruegelburg - A day at the fair - Visitors from Distant Land
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »
As promised we've got more lovely characters for you :) Another Add-On "Visitors from Distant Lands"

Noresmian Traders and Magnates: Even further beyond the realms of the Gardariki lies the Chanate of Noresmi, a land of fables and tall tales. Maybe once a decade, Noresmian traders take the long journey to the west. These expeditions are commonly headed by experienced travellers and potentates from the Chanate. Trade, of course, is the key objective of the great Noresmian expeditions. They provide most exotic goods such as silk, spices and exotic objects of art.

Gardariki Fur Traders: The Gardariki hail from lands far in the east, further away still than the Hazy Hills where the Dwarves used to live. Once a year, a great caravan sets forth from their walled cities and travels along the great rivers and the Northmere to sell their wares, mainly precious furs of various species long extinct in the lands of Bruegelburg.  The great caravan is usually made up of men, but the more adventurous of Gardariki women join up as well, some being established and shrewd traders themselves.

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
I do love these minis and I did increase my pledge to get them, but I still can't help wishing there were a few more females just in general.  Particularly in things like this, where you have a large civilian population it seems that (other than tavern wenches and hags shaking their brooms or rolling pins at someone) ordinary women doing ordinary things are lacking.  Lots of little boys playing at soldiers and marbles (or the equivalent) but only one or two little girls destined to cling to teddies or dolls.  It's like little girls never nicked an apple or filched a bun from the baker.

The Bruegelburg line is better than most in terms of the female contingent, but it still feels somewhat skewed, with women making up less than 1/3 the overall population, and significantly less than 1/2 of the civilians.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Stacy, I agree with you, some more female characters would be nice, and fortunately with some further stretch goals coming, we probably should be able to move that needle a small bit to the benefit of the female population of city of Bruegelburg later in this campaign :)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Love those new packs!

-Michael

Offline tradgardmastre

• Librarian
  • Courage is found in unlikely places. J.R.R.Tolkien
As someone whose ancestors were Swabian farmers and butchers how can I resist such wonderful figures!
Alan
p.s I have joined the kickstarter.do I need to add on the newly mentioned figures now?
You are welcome to visit my Duchy of Tradgardland blog at:
http://tradgardland.blogspot.com/ and my 20th century gaming blog at : http://armyredwhite.blogspot.com/
New interwar imaginations blog at:
http://interbellumimaginations.blogspot.com/

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
As someone whose ancestors were Swabian farmers and butchers how can I resist such wonderful figures!
Alan
p.s I have joined the kickstarter.do I need to add on the newly mentioned figures now?
The lovely traders we were just mentioning are an add-on, so you'd need to add the appropriate amount to your pledge to cover whichever additional packs you wanted.  Don't alter your pledge level; just change the amount you pledge.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
(KICKSTARTER) - Bruegelburg - A day at the fair - Painted sausage guard
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
Exactly, thanks, Neotacha, appreciate your help!

And more painted stuff today, the sausage guard: