Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 3d stls for 28mm elven heads  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
3d stls for 28mm elven heads
« on: April 05, 2023, 01:04:22 PM »
Does anyone know of some 3d printable 28mm LOTR helmeted elven heads that I can get and then print out?
''Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed''-Jack Churchill

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Re: 3d stls for 28mm elven heads
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 08:45:40 AM »
 :'(

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 09:06:29 PM »
Does anyone know of some 3d printable 28mm LOTR helmeted elven heads that I can get and then print out?

I got some from a dealer on Etsy. Forgemaster Mini's? They are more wood elfish than high elfish, but they should work. I wanted to use them on Fireforge bodies and they are a little too small, but they should fit with LOTR guys.

Also look at Unreleased miniatures, they make high elven heads for LOTR figures.

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 08:07:09 AM »
I got some from a dealer on Etsy. Forgemaster Mini's? They are more wood elfish than high elfish, but they should work. I wanted to use them on Fireforge bodies and they are a little too small, but they should fit with LOTR guys.

Also look at Unreleased miniatures, they make high elven heads for LOTR figures.
I'm also wanting to use them on Fireforge bodies. I'll have a look at Unreleased Miniatures.

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 01:08:26 PM »

If you want heads for Fireforge the Unreleased heads are too small as well.

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 05:16:29 AM »
This is all I could find as well, I was hoping for some more Lord Of The Ringsy looking heads, but thanks all the same.

I just got these in, and they scale perfectly with my Fireforge bodies. I will do a mock up on Saturday and post a pic. I know they do not look Lotr....

I'm trying to learn to sculpt in 3d. So who knows....I will do them or maybe you can find someone.

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 07:29:05 AM »
I just got these in, and they scale perfectly with my Fireforge bodies. I will do a mock up on Saturday and post a pic.
I look forward to seeing a pic

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 08:51:45 PM »

So the pic on the left is a printed head from elfheads on etsy. Some of the images the head looks a little large, I think that is from the perspective of how I had the phone camera tilted. The guy on the right has a Republican Roman head with a green stuff nasal bar. Both have green stuff hair.

The elfsheads stuff is a little fragile. I actually broke part of the back helmet off as I was sculpting the hair. NOt exacly LOTR.

I have looked at Greek helmets, but to my eyes most of them have facial hair and are too recognizable. Macedonian helmets tend to have smooth faces but again, are too recognizable. I look the Roman helmet because with the nasal bar, it modifies it enough.

The reason I am going with Fireforge bodies is because I want to paint colorful designs on the surcoats. I view elven armies as bodies of individual warriors who practice their skills on their own, not as an organized military. Just my view on how elves should be. Alternatively, they do drill with one another, but since they provide their own gear everyone is an individual. Think Greek City States like Athens. I'm looking at Japanese kimonos for the designs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:56:15 PM by KGatch113 »

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 04:58:59 AM »
While not perfect, the Oathmark heads work well with the Fireforge bodies - I have done a lot of elves this way.  I also throw in the odd Norman helmet but add the feathers from Oathmark heads.  The proprtion of Oathmark heads is near perfect for Fireforge.  Like you, I would prefer taller helms and possibly some cheek plates.

These are a couple of old pictures.  One is from almost 3 years ago, the other from a year ago but, to my shame, the painting ahs not progressed much further.

If you did decide to go down this pathway I am sure ther will be a LAF member near you who could post some surplus heads so you don't to buy a box of Elves.

And I have just seen all the errors and paint scapes on Morgoth in this picture  :'(

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2023, 11:42:32 AM »
I might go with the Oathmark elves. Or the roman head idea, that works quite well.