Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Army Productions - Update! (4/1/09)  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Re: Black Army Productions - Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
Good luck with the venture.  And they do sound like figures I might like to paint...

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »
I just read the introduction and I think:

It is a nice idea. Both ranges are very interesting.

Good Luck for your ventures!
and I am eagerly waiting for the release of the miniatures.
argsilverson

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »
You said that you will be a rules company also.  Working on anything?
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »
"This is all sounding very interesting - good luck with the venture, I hope it really takes off for you. 
Just as an aside, I'm assuming you are UK based if Curtis is sculpting for you?"

Thank ye, Bob. Actually I'm US based at the moment. But very happy to be working with Curtis. He's been very generous with his time and ideas.

"Good luck Doc, I think you have found yourself a nice untapped market here. with loads of potential."

Thanks, Mal. Actually it was due to your encouragement and advice that I decided to experiment with the Shanghai range at all. I had originally been thinking I'd restrict myself to the Champions of History thing, but you definitely forced me to think about doing something a little more expansive. So, credit where credit is due:)

Revford -

Excellent thought on the Doctor Who avenue. I had even thought of that, but it's a great idea!

Heldrak -

Working on the website at the moment. I am actually looking for a decent hosting service with options, given my lack of HTML skill. If anybody has any suggestions or warnings, I'm open to them. I've got another site with Geocities. Less than thrilled with the way that's gone over the years....

RicharDMB -

Basically, I have two sets of rules in the pipeline.

The first is called "Brave Men, Badly Led". It's an easy playing system for gaming what I like to call "the forgotten wars" of the 18th,19th,and 20th centuries up to about 1920. I'm in the stages of final playtesting for the first module, "1846: Napoleon of the West", which covers the Mexican-American War. I hope to have it released this year.

The second is a set of rules for ancient skirmishes. I designed it for 20mm and 28mm figs, but it could probably be played in any scale where the players are willing to individually base their figs. The first module is called "Khopesh", and is intended roughly for the period between Sumeria and the fall of the Assyrian Empire. This is also very advanced in terms of playtesting/development, and I'm at the stage where I'm working on army lists with a couple partners. I'm hoping to release it this year, or early next year, but there is a little more I want to iron out with it.

Everyone Else -

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, and I'm glad you're as excited as I am. More news as soon as I have it for you!

-Doc

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
Re: Black Army Productions - Update! (4/1/09)
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
Hello, everyone -

Extremely excited today that I've received photos today of our first greens. In this case, they are the greens for "Abel, Puritan Witch Hunter". The sculptor of this particular miniature, James Van Schaik, did the figure -exactly- as I wanted him. He's absolutely beautiful, if I do say so myself. Looks very much the part of the driven man...

Will be quite good, I suspect, for games of Gloire and other Swashbuckling type adventures, but would be equally at home in GW Armies as a Witch Hunter, for use in ECW games, etc. I haven't held him in the flesh, but James sent me some excellent all around views, and believe me when I tell you that this captures the spirit of the character perfectly. The figure is sculpted to 28mm scale. I asked James and Curtis to use 28mm as the average height, so I suspect there will be a bit of variation, but the line should be size compatible with several other ranges.

I will have some photos up soon, but thought I'd tease you all with that.

Also, wanted you to know that the Website has been updated somewhat. While I do admit the site is rather primitive, poking around will get you a little more information on some of the characters we'll be featuring for Shanghai, 1930 and the first three projected miniatures for the Champions of History range.

As always, glad to answer any questions. Will reveal that third mystery figure soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

www.blackarmyproductions.com

-Doc

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:26:07 PM by Doc Twilight »

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
I see the first public playtest will be at Kublacon.  I will be at that convention.  Do you know what day and time you are slotted for the game?
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »
I see the first public playtest will be at Kublacon.  I will be at that convention.  Do you know what day and time you are slotted for the game?

LF -

We'll be doing the Battle of Molino Del Rey with my BMBL rules and a mix of various 15mms. Should be scheduled on Friday evening, and early afternoon, Sunday. The scenario is called "They Fell in Ranks and Columns", and as far as I know, is in the book at this point.

-Doc

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
Doc, Thanks, I will check it out.  Mostly at the convention I will be playing in Skrapwelders campaign.