Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Overlords - Live @18th Aug  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
[KICKSTARTER] Overlords - Live @18th Aug
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1328919671/frills-and-fauna-overlords

I've been working on another small Kickstarter, aiming to put out a selection of floating tentacles monsters, called Overlords!

There are now 3 Kickstarters under my belt, all successful and delivered or being fulfilled, so I hope I have proven to be a trustworthy project creator! (More info on these can be found here: http://krakongames.com/kickstarters/ )

LAF has been very welcoming of my work and many of you have backed me previously, so I am very greatful of all your support so far.

Overlords are a wholly alien race, best described as floating brains. Physically, the overlords are quite weak, as they have evolved to interact with the physical realm using their minds. Powerful with both telepathy and telekinesis, the overlords control everything, and almost everyone, around them with a simple thought.

There's quite a lot of influence across the different classes which I'm sure you can spot.

Most of the models are designed as a body with sockets and supplied with a set of tentacles to attach. Being resin, the tentacles can be dipped in hot water and very easily bent into different poses, allowing some very dynamic looking models.

Stretch goals will of course include more models, but also different types of attachments, including:

Flipper-tipped tentacles
Eyeball-end tentacles
Octopus-like sucker tentacles
Crab claws
Mouth-tipped tentacles
Insect wings

Drone
Overlords vary vastly in size, shape and biology. This is just one example of the smallest drone.

Infiltrator
The infiltrators carry large egg-like spores on their bodies, which they disperse in secluded areas that are rich with organic material. This appears to be their only purpose, as their flaccid husks are abandoned with their deposits, perhaps to catalyze the growth process.

Watcher
Named for its assumed purpose of being a scout, as it lurks the battlefields and rarely engages. Its single eye beholds locations and movements of creatures, communicating back to the overlords' hivemind.
Unlike the drone, its eye is exposed for greater vision, but more susceptible to damage.

Reaper
If the overlords can't initially control a species, the reapers emerge to consume brain matter and learn the secrets of its biology. Equipped to tackle specimens still living, the reapers entangle their foes with tentacles before feasting on the head.

Adolescent Overlord
As sporelings grow, their embryonic roots retract, wither and harden. Often mistaken for horns or teeth, these scabby protrusions are reborn as tentacles or other feeler/manipulator devices.

Sporeling
Once an invader (or better) transplants its cargo of spores (chlamydospore) onto biomass, the spores begin to absorb the biomatter and grow. Some take on traits of their "food."
When they complete germination, the spores detach from the husk and float around until they either form self awareness, link into the hivemind of a mature overlord or fall prey to something else.

Group shot
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:25:31 PM by Whitehorn »

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Overlords
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »
I like these. They're creepy but they kind of make biological sense to me, in an alien way.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
Yup, definitely creepy.

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Creepy is good! Here's a WIP of mommy.

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
One of the new critters tagging along with this project is the female sump beetle.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 03:50:06 AM »
I love the look of these. When are you starting this?

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:34:53 AM »
There are now 3 Kickstarters under my belt, all successful and delivered or being fulfilled, so I hope I have proven to be a trustworthy project creator!

Good quality stuff and timely delivery on the 2 projects I've pledged for.

This Overlord one doesn't look like it's gonna be my cuppa tho but good luck all the same.

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »
I love the look of these. When are you starting this?

Just sorting out some garish colours and details, but it goes live Friday.

Good quality stuff and timely delivery on the 2 projects I've pledged for.

This Overlord one doesn't look like it's gonna be my cuppa tho but good luck all the same.

Thanks! Sorry to hear thay're not your thing. There will be more critters, scenery and cheaper access to the rest of the range if anything does take your fancy.

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Overlords - Live @18th Aug
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 06:25:44 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:39:37 PM by Whitehorn »

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
New stuff is being unlocked. One day I'll find the right steps for stretch goals!

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
Loads of new gribblies have been unlocked and the metal Scumbags are now available as add-ons.