Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Battle of Village Endormie  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
The Battle of Village Endormie
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:23 AM »
I have been working on INEPTT II, trying to make it a bit more user friendly. Teams will be premade, and then you have an option to add to your agents, or buy new agents etc. Still in the playtest phase, but here is a recent game. Two INEPT Teams running up against 15 Greys. Oh and I have made fire teams for the Aliens so its much easier to match up your INEPTT Players and the actual ALIENS controlled by the GM.

So here is the story.

In the small village of Ville Endormie, people went about their every day lives. Unknown to the people of the village, INEPTT was tracking an Alien craft in the area and had dispatched a team from a near by INEPTT strongpoint.

The ship landed and was immediately spotted by M. Chasseur, who with his dog, quickly ran back to tell people of the landed space craft!! As the XRAYS (Greys in this case) disembarked they started to fan out to cause as much mischief as possible for the local civilian population.

XRAY Craft landing in the fields behind Endormie!

M. Chasseur and his dog Chat!

The XRAYS quickly disembark to try and cause mayhem with the townsfolk of Endormie.

Grey Aliens come pouring out of the Craft!

Still more Greys waiting to disembark!

M. Chasseur ran back to the village to alert them to the presence of the Grey Aliens, he was of course spotted and the race was on!

M. Chasseur running to a nearby house.

The XRAYS started to sort themselves out into fire teams and went after M. Chasseur as well as closed on a nearby house!

The Grey Commander!

A Covert INEPT Team was dispatched as soon as the craft came on the radar. Stationed at a near by INEPTT Strongpoint, the team came flying down the road in two vehicles to secure the village.

The Cover Team Arrives.

Moving quickly through the small village they disembark their vehicles - just in time as it turns out!

Also reacting to the Alien incursion, at almost the same time as the covert team, was the Peleton Lumiere Bleu (Blue Light Platoon - BLP), and their presence was felt almost immediately!

BLP arrives!

XRAYS storm a nearby house, they had no idea it was vacant. Once they determined there were no humans they took up firing positions.

XRAYS in the house.

The XRAY Fire teams were given the task of killing as many humans as possible and causing damage to the surround area as well. One group chased after M. Chasseur and his dog.

M. Chasseur is around the corner out of sight in this photo.

A third XRAY Fire Team, that included a heavy launcher, the second in command and a PSI Combatant line a hedge and bring fire onto the approaching Covert Team.

Using the hedge as cover helped them avoid detection.

The Covert team came to the village junction and dismounted, they had not yet seen the XRAYS, but were about to find out there were there.

Covert team disembarks.

The heavy launcher fired from a covered position and destroyed one of the two trucks. It also caused collateral damage to two operators and a civilian.

Heavy launcher destroyed the truck.

The XRAY Fire Team in the abandon house opened fire but had no luck in bringing down any INEPTT agents.

Good defensive position for this team.

One of the Covert Marksman got a shot at one of the XRAYs in the abandon house and notched his rifle stock for the kill!

The Marksman's view point.

At the same time the Covert Team was under attack the BLP moved into position and opened up a fusillade of fire at the XRAYS. The sniper (mounted on the Sherpa armoured vehicle), got the first kill of the game, just before the Covert Marksman got his!

BLP move into position.

The XRAYS took a two casualties in the exchange of fire and while they failed to hit any BLP troops they did get M. Chasseur and his dog :( as well as Mme Cheveaublonde.

Two XRAYS down!

Mme Cheveaublonde lies still in the playground, M. Chasseur near the corner of the house.

The Covert team lost two agents due to the explosion of the truck, as well one Civilian went down.

The affair in the centre of the Village.

On the up side, the return fire from the Covert team laid low two more XRAYs beside the one the Marksman got in the house.

Fallen XRAYS - their numbers are thinning out!

Realizing their game was up, the XRAYS start to withdraw. They had already lost 5 of their 12 fire team members and didn't think they would fare any better in further exchanges of gun fire, so they commenced to withdraw.

XRAYS rush back to their ship!

Trying to disengage is always a dangerous proposition and the fire team that pursued M. Chasseur were shot up in a further Fusillade from the BLP. The remaining XRAYS still headed for the ship, returning fire as they ran.

Fleeing XRAYS.

The fallen Fire Team that pursued M. Chasseur.

The heavy launcher turned and fired at one of the BLP vehicles and scored a direct hit destroying the vehicle. Luckily for the nearby BLP troopers it did not explode as the truck had and there was no collateral damage.

Heavy Launcher scores a hit!

The moment it took for him to fire the launcher cost him his life. The BLP opened fire and destroyed another 3 XRAYS.

Revenge!

The battle for Endormie was over. The XRAYS fled.

A good day for INEPTT! Only 5 of 15 XRAYS got away!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:13:18 AM by Shawnt63 »
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Re: The Battle of Village Endormie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »
That sound intriguing. Though, I can't see any of the pictures.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
Really? Dang it, I tried from Dropbox, then moved to photobucket. I will check the links to make sure they are correct.
I can see them here, so maybe I grabbed the wrong link or something.

Shawn

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:08:47 PM »
I can see the photographs.

Interesting.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »
Well I am glad someone can see them lol :)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »
I can see them, good battle report!

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »
I can also them now! Cool report!

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »
Looked like a fun game, thanks for sharing.

Wolt

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 11:41:57 PM »
Very interesting set up :-* :-* :-*
Like the AAR

Offline arabianknight

• Bookworm
    • Skirmish Supplies
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
Great report, thanks.

The Grey Commander setup can't help but remind me of Rike Wakeman for some reason  ;D