Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:47:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] Darkholds: Ancient Barrows (Dungeon Crawling Miniatures Boardgame)  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Just found this on TGN:

Darkholds: Ancient Barrows

Darkholds: Ancient Barrows is a co-operative board game of combat and adventure in which you and your friends will play the part of heroes and henchmen that battle against the hordes of undeath to gain the ultimate prize - the secret of life after death!

Set in the lands of darkness - the brutal, uncivilised world of dark ages Britain in the 7th century AD - Darkholds: Ancient Barrows is a board game containing miniatures, tiles, counters and cards to enable 1-4 players to control legendary heroes and their henchmen as they explore the caverns, barrows and halls of the undead Wihts.

A number of tiles make up a level
The game can be played as a story campaign comprising ten levels of varying design and aspect in three areas, beginning in the caverns and natural gorges near the coast (area 1, levels 1-3), then exploring the catacombs and barrows of the undead (area 2, levels 4-6) and eventually fighting through the halls of the ancients (area 3, levels 7-9) to gain the secret of undeath (the quest's end, level 10); but each level can of course be played on its own. You can even choose to play each area - three levels - as a mini-campaign!

Offline Maxromek

• Librarian
Re: [KS] Darkholds: Ancient Barrows (Dungeon Crawling Miniatures Boardgame)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
Looks pretty cool actually, I like the fantasy themed Saxons.

Anybody had experience with Mierce Miniatures? I presume the minis in the game will be made out of the same kinda plastic/resin that most other companies make theirs, but the renders look pretty awesome.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »
Their resin figures are excellent, among the best I would say. Metals are damn nice too. Cannot comment on their pvc offering as this is the first. I think I read somewhere that it was the same company that made CMON minis like Blood Rage and The Others, if that helps.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:20 AM »
I like the skellies, but I am less enthusiastic about the heroes.

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
Would like to get that giant beetle. Like the rest, but have so many similar figures they would be excess.

Any other companies making large-sized, detailed beetles in positions that do not put their bellies on the ground? Like crawlers, but dynamic ones.