Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First game of ASOBH  (Read 2137 times)

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
Re: First game of ASOBH
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 09:40:24 AM »
OK, you two. Thanks nervisfr & Hobgolin, I guess, that I'll give the reaction roll a chance. That actually made me very curious!

You are welcome.......in a new dimension   ;)
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 03:28:56 AM »
I have bought a PDF of ASoBH and as advertised it's pretty much the same as the original with added reactions and broadened magic system.

I was initially puzzled by the rule around turn over. It used to be explicit (in old SoBH) that a two fail/one success roll allowed the player to take his one success before the turn over. From the rule as written, I inferred that the turn-over happened with the same timing as a reaction - immediately and the phasing player takes no action. The next section in the rules was Reaction - clear enough. Then I expected an explanation of Turn-over - and nothing.
I see this has been clarified by Andrea on Yahoo - the phasing player does take his action - but it's a surprising omission for a ruleset that has had so many iterations.
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:24:54 AM »
I have bought a PDF of ASoBH and as advertised it's pretty much the same as the original with added reactions and broadened magic system.

I was initially puzzled by the rule around turn over. It used to be explicit (in old SoBH) that a two fail/one success roll allowed the player to take his one success before the turn over. From the rule as written, I inferred that the turn-over happened with the same timing as a reaction - immediately and the phasing player takes no action. The next section in the rules was Reaction - clear enough. Then I expected an explanation of Turn-over - and nothing.
I see this has been clarified by Andrea on Yahoo - the phasing player does take his action - but it's a surprising omission for a ruleset that has had so many iterations.

thanks Kamandi, I don't have SoBH so I just assumed that the Turn-Over happened immediately as a Reaction, take some of the sting out of loosing the initiate...

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 02:19:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure it is in an example in Of Gods and Mortals which is essentially a similar system mechanically.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
I wonder if it's under the Leader trait (don't have the rules to hand at the moment). I think that's where it's clearest in SOBH: a leader who rolls one success and two failures isn't allowed to use his sole action for a group order.