Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ozark Mountains Moon Shiners – Granny and Pops go to Town Game 1  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Re: Ozark Mountains Moon Shiners – Granny and Pops go to Town AAR
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
Fantastic! But now we need the sequel!

TikiCoast

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 12:50:09 AM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:08:18 AM by TikiCoast »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
Doug - your mention of sipping whisky got me started on the Calvados and things started to get a little fuzzy here, so it's your fault that I didn't get the complete game posted, that and the fact its so flipping long.

Pschwa and tsch - nothing but good ever came from drinking Calvados.

Sippin' Whisky and Calvados, you boys know how to live! Only lunchtime now but it could be Pimms O'Clock later.

Indeed, m'lud......Tonight, the sippin' whisky had no "e" in it (it was actually Welsh whisky - an early birthday present from my son, gawd bless 'im) but it took me through the glorious mid-point and finale of this epic. It may have given me a fuzzy moment or two also; I found myself thinking "National Guardsmen - where the 'eck did they come from?" but a quick respool got me back on track.

A tremendous AAR, kept me entertained fine style. A question. What rules? I don't recall seeing them mentioned but then I've been sippin' whisky so don't take my word for it.

Thank you for that, sir. I'm looking forward to more.

Doug

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
it was actually Welsh whisky

Distilled from only the finest leeks.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
Distilled from only the finest leeks.

lol lol

Doug - the rules are 2 hour wargames Chain Reaction with my amendments, IMHO they give a very good solo game. Reasonably simple shooting, melee and damage systems but where they shine for me is in the reaction system, the games fairly romp along with unexpected stuff happening all the time. The basic rules are free, the ones you pay for have lots of extra stuff, specific to the period in which they are set.

I don't think they would suit everyone, especially if you are hell bent on winning a game, there is usually no points system so no evenly matched sides, you don't know what you will encounter and may consider the game a success if you get away with your life.
Obviously Pops and Granny would have preferred a more balanced game.

A lot of my inspiration for the scenario set ups comes from stuff posted on here over the years especially related to .45 Adventure rules with encounter markers etc. Pulp Alley is similar with the plot points.

TikiCoast I don't know if you are interested but these were the encounters (plot points) and objectives in the game.

Players Objectives

Deliver Hooch to Jack Handsomes Bar – if he is not at home bar will have been looted, if he is at home 1,2 it will be looted and 3,4,5,6 not looted and you can sell your hooch - 1AverageD time to unload hooch 10Pts if successful, if looted can not be successful – no money.

Collect Fuel from Jeramiah Pike it is in the Barn next to garage, the keys are hung up in garage but will have to be found - roll on awareness pass 2D to find them, pass 1D keep looking pass 0D – what keys - 1AverageD to load fuel into truck   10Pts if successful.

Collect Food from Molly at Horsemans Deli – if she is not home the store will have been looted, if she is home 1,2 it has been looted – 3,4,5,6 your food is still there. - 1AverageD to load food into truck   10Pts if successful, if looted can not be successful.

Daisy May meets Tank - 1AverageD to say hi.   10Pts if successful, if zeds about and find Tank then he will join with you immediately.

Objective Encounter Resolution.
For all these Roll 1D6 for encounter. Then roll 1D6 and get = or higher to find person in the place they are supposed to be, if not there then roll on normal Building – Who’s Inside Table and how many. If person is inside, and there are Zeds roaming, they will join players, if not many roaming 1,2,3 will join 4,5,6 will not.

Encounter Counters
For each encounter marker take 1 card from deck

Ace – Jack Handsome – roll 1D6 and then roll 1D6 to equal or better 1st roll and Jack is OK, otherwise he is a Zed.

2 – Jeramiah Pile – ditto Jack

3 – Molly – ditto Jack

4 – Tank – ditto Jack

5 – Wang Mei – daughter of Pops Kung Fu Teacher - ditto Jack if ok will join as others

6 – Barking dogs - ½ 1D6 HtoH 3 Move 10” Friendly 1,2,3 – unfriendly 4,5 will attack 6. Bark counts as 2 shots for Zed attraction.

7 - Find Baseball bat – counts as 2H improvised.

8 – Find wood axe, counts as 2H improvised.

9 – One of your objective friends is infected and will turn into a Zed ½ 1D6 periods and attack immediately. Random for which 1 roll at attack time and must be 1 who has been discovered.

10 – Chardonnet – Fast moves in Random direction from point of contact to random point Spinner 3D6. Rep 3 Brains 3 Guts 3 Awareness 3 – sights Zeds within 8” roll on Guts – Pass 2D OK Pass 1D - Cries Quietly, Pass 0D – Screams count as 2 shots for Zombie attraction. Each activation, if active will fast move away from Zed screaming and attracting Zeds until off board.

Jack – Small Girl Rep 2 Brains 3 Guts 3 Awareness 3 – sights Zeds within 8” roll on Guts – Pass 2D OK Pass 1D - Cries Quietly, Pass 0D – Screams count as 2 shots for Zombie attraction. Each time try and pacify her roll on Guts again. Pass 2D Cry’s quietly, Pass 1D continues screaming, Pass 0D fast move directly away from nearest Zed, continues screaming and attracting Zeds. If you catch her repeat process if not she continues screaming and running in random direction until off board.

Queen – Find stock of Ammo that fits 1 persons gun, roll to see which, + find a bowie knife and a length of piping counts as 2H improvised.

King – Meet 2 good guys who join you.

Thanks to every one else for their input.

If anyone else has lists of encounters that they build into games I would be very interested to see them.
Cheers

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 12:27:58 AM »

I don't think they would suit everyone, especially if you are hell bent on winning a game, there is usually no points system so no evenly matched sides, you don't know what you will encounter and may consider the game a success if you get away with your life.

Looks pretty much like real life to me!  ;)

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsιbet Bαthory - 1560-1614 (?)

TikiCoast

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 01:17:37 AM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:07:44 AM by TikiCoast »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »
It's horses for courses when it comes to rules, but I find these suit me in what I'm looking for in my games. Thank you for all the PM's discussing these rules, and for listing the encounters in this game.

TikiCoast you are welcome, pleased they work for you. Why don't you post your figures here, the shots you showed me of the Character Cards and figures were excellent work, and I for one would be interested to see how your games go.

Looks pretty much like real life to me!  ;)

I guess so. i hooked on to these rules after reading Vampifans and Whitefaces Blog about 5 years ago, prior to that I had given up on wargaming and their AAR's brought me back to ther dark side.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 08:12:15 AM »
i hooked on to these rules after reading Vampifans and Whitefaces Blog about 5 years ago, prior to that I had given up on wargaming and their AAR's brought me back to ther dark side.

Vampifan is very good in that indeed!  lol  
That's why I  :-* the guy and his amazing work on the subject!

BTW: Looking forward to see your Wild West town!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:16:07 AM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
Vampifan is very good in that indeed!  lol  
That's why I  :-* the guy and his amazing work on the subject!

BTW: Looking forward to see your Wild West town!  ;)

I'm hoping the board should be dry this morning, ready for painting and I've got 5 buildings virtually completed, had a game with them yesterday.
Not too happy with my paint jobs on bits of them maybe need some help and advice, but they are coming along.
Thanks for the interest  :) :)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 11:46:47 AM »
I'm hoping the board should be dry this morning, ready for painting and I've got 5 buildings virtually completed, had a game with them yesterday.
Not too happy with my paint jobs on bits of them maybe need some help and advice, but they are coming along.
Thanks for the interest  :) :)

So... it's almost AAR time!  :D