Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: And Now Undeads! (kickstarter)  (Read 17700 times)

Offline UlrichvonDiakanov

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
Re: The Elven Lords, Kickstarter COMING SOON, LastSword Miniature
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
Yeah Malebolgia, we spent time there. But we are from Spain so we know better spanish channels.

Do you know any channel where we should be?
LastSword.com

Drop me a message at: hello@lastsword.com

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
Re: The Elven Lords, Kickstarter Will be back, LastSword Miniature
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »

We are still working in our Elven Lords. Last days we have crafted 100 models to check our production molds.

Nowadays we are painting, and we are not sure with the color of the helmets hears.

Wich color do you think looks better?

Thanks guys for your oppinion!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »
I really like that model. I think he would make a great Drow Character, I will be putting my name down for one of them when the KS restarts.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:56 AM »
I really like these sculpts. They have a look of the PJ lord of the rings films without being a dead copy. I think these will see alot of use alongside the northstar dwarves in oathmark and dragon rampant.
I look forward to seeing you restart the campaign and doing well...
Saying that....

We are really sorry to say that we have canceled our Kickstarter. We weren't getting good result. All our money is invested in that project, so we going to rebuilt it again and launch again in a few weeks.

"All our money is invested in that project" isn't this exactly the kind of risk that kickstarter was meant to remove ?
Has it got to a point that backers expect every campaign to basically be a finished polished product and as such creators can't risk a slow opening weekend ?

Do people now only back projects that meet their funding goals in the first day ?
Are creators basically back at square one in terms of financial risk, having to spend vast amounts in order to get a sleek enough looking campaign, by which point they're essentially being forced to run the same kind of kickstarter pre order system that many of us have complained abou bigger companies running?

This isn't aimed at you guys or your idea.I completely understand that in order to produce prototypes of a plastic kit you need to invest ALOT of money for tooling/sculpting/artwork ect ect.
But if kickstarter is no longer a platform for creators to come along with a few drawings, a good idea and a desire to see their ideas through, then has kickstarter finally just become another shop, only this shop demands not only investment, but adds a time limit to the stresses of selling products?
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »
Do people now only back projects that meet their funding goals in the first day ?
Are creators basically back at square one in terms of financial risk, having to spend vast amounts in order to get a sleek enough looking campaign, by which point they're essentially being forced to run the same kind of kickstarter pre order system that many of us have complained abou bigger companies running?

This isn't aimed at you guys or your idea.I completely understand that in order to produce prototypes of a plastic kit you need to invest ALOT of money for tooling/sculpting/artwork ect ect.
But if kickstarter is no longer a platform for creators to come along with a few drawings, a good idea and a desire to see their ideas through, then has kickstarter finally just become another shop, only this shop demands not only investment, but adds a time limit to the stresses of selling products?

Valid question - and yes, it's true that KS still works in the intended way in some fields (Art mostly), but CMON and the likes have turned the tabletop part into a massive pre-order system.
This, and the sheer mass of live projects makes it next to impossible to just sell an idea.
KS might be a shop, but it's also a publisher that allows me to offer my stuff at very modest rates next to the stuff of a multimillion dollar biz.

@ OP - Sorry for going off topic.
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
Thank you guys for your comments! A lots people is agree that prince will be a great DOW xD

Still painting!!!

Some people was afraid about how figures will fit in a regiment. This is an example

Nic-e, I gonna try to answerer to you in english, to me is not easy.

Kickstaster is a great plataform, it is true. It is designed for people who needs money invested in their ideas, and they can get the money from the backers.

But according with our experiences, when you launch a wargaming on kickstarters, nobody likes wait  six monts or more, even if they know that before to support any project. What happen finally? Backers recieve their items, but the supporting experiences is not 100% good, because they have been waiting for a long time.

Experience shows how pre order sistem fit really well with most of wargaming projects. Maybe we are moving out of kickstarter soul, but we must to pay attencion to the market.

Now for example, our first kickstarter. We spent more than one year only fighting with the sculpter for have done the greens. Then we searched a manufacturer who make the molds and craft the figures. At the beggining looks easy, everybody say yes, but then, they are so busy and it will be take ages before even they start with your project.

Pricing and cost is another problem. Your project cost grows faster than a bill in a pub!

One year and a half leater you are nearly ready to launch your first kickstarter, but you have been paying bills since you star so... at the end nobody can support your idea, because nobody support a wargaming project if they can see something, at least a 3D model... nobody belive in a idea, they belive in a 3d models, a green, etc.

Finally you will realise that is better only do the project if you can pay for it before the kickstarter and then do a pre order to sell it.

When somebody is supporting us, they are not investing in our project, they are investing in our following project, and they don't know nothing about it!

According with our experience, everybody likes support a campaing and get the figures in one or two monts at home.

If we can't get back money enought with our Elven lords, we wont be able to invest in our following kickstarter.

I hope that you can understandt what I try to explain.

Thank you guys!

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
Hi everyone!!!

We have been doing a small boad to take some pictures of our Elven Lords!

I hope that you like!!!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
That looks great. I'm always impressed when a few sheets of foam turn into an amazing scene.

Where are the cream coloured scenic pieces from?

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 05:18:04 PM »
Thank you for your comment Fred.

We craft and sell these scenery pieces. You can find them at: https://lastsword.com/en/online-store/

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
Hi Ulrich,

When will you be releasing the trees? They are not yet on your online store, and they look perfect for a board that I have planned.

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2017, 12:16:09 AM »
Hi Mattw

We will sell the trees in our Elven Lords kickstarter, so very very soon!!

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »

How they look?

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »
They look great.  Proportions and helmets have the right look for me.  I just with they were in mail......

Offline orlanth60

• Schoolboy
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »
Very nice! Do you have a date for the kickstarter? I am very impatient!

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:31 PM »

Well we are thinking from the 1rst to the 15th of December.