Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter?  (Read 13640 times)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 02:54:04 PM »
Placed my order at Level 2!!
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
Level 3 and a whole load of extra stuff for me. Didn't want all the Heritors and Wardens, but I went for some extra dinosaurs among other things.

Offline kuba

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »
I'm going to read about paypal account and if everything will go correctly I'll also get lvl 3.

Edited: found the answers for questions I posted earlier, so I deleted it -everything was in the nickstarter description
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:50:55 PM by kuba »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:13 PM »
I was looking forward to this, but now I see the metal figs, and after the quality issues I had with the rogue stars casting and some other bits I've had this year from Northstar,  I reckon I'm gonna pass.
I'm still interesred in the book and the plastic crew set,  just gonna hold off till later.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »
Level 3 and a whole load of extra stuff for me. Didn't want all the Heritors and Wardens, but I went for some extra dinosaurs among other things.

I must be blind melon... where on the NorthStar site are you able to select individual / additional items? I only see the four level deals.

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:31 AM »
I must be blind melon... where on the NorthStar site are you able to select individual / additional items? I only see the four level deals.

Once you've entered the code from the Nickstarter page, you should have access to all the Ghost elements... If in doubt, try clicking the 'order' button next to the Heritors or Wardens on the NS page - that should take you through to the additional stuff.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
I was looking forward to this, but now I see the metal figs, and after the quality issues I had with the rogue stars casting and some other bits I've had this year from Northstar,  I reckon I'm gonna pass.
I'm still interesred in the book and the plastic crew set,  just gonna hold off till later.

I've got to say, I've had nothing but bad luck on the castings from from my more recent Northstar orders... does worry me a little...

Offline giles the zog

• Scientist
    • The Lost City of Carcosa
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »
I've got to say, I've had nothing but bad luck on the castings from from my more recent Northstar orders... does worry me a little...

Whilst I have concerns about the size of some of the metal figures, I have had no problems with the castings themselves. Clean and crisp.

One of my mates has passed on his metal figures for me to sell (he does not paint and got them as a bundle in a Nickstarter), and they too are well cast with no problems. Nor have any of my other mates commented that there are casting problems.

Wandering stars, for whom is reserved, the blackness, the darkness forever.

https://thelostcityofcarcosa.com

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »
Whilst I have concerns about the size of some of the metal figures, I have had no problems with the castings themselves. Clean and crisp.

One of my mates has passed on his metal figures for me to sell (he does not paint and got them as a bundle in a Nickstarter), and they too are well cast with no problems. Nor have any of my other mates commented that there are casting problems.

Ah thanks, that's good to hear - just a bit of bad luck on my part by the sounds of it....

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 03:16:34 PM »
Once you've entered the code from the Nickstarter page, you should have access to all the Ghost elements... If in doubt, try clicking the 'order' button next to the Heritors or Wardens on the NS page - that should take you through to the additional stuff.

Thanks, I was looking for items directly on North Star page, not the Nickstarter page.

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
Just waiting for payday then I'll be ordering the #3 package, plus a few extras.
Mike

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »
Just waiting for payday then I'll be ordering the #3 package, plus a few extras.

same here!

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 06:12:21 PM »
To wade in I think the problem is around nickstarter time lots of castings are made so quality does slip so maybe just hold off?

One thing that does bother the Christ out of me is that two of the painter heritors have thin (too thin, looks ridiculous) straight swords that seem to be bent...somebody please straiten them out and take new pics!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:17:31 PM by Kommando_J »

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
One thing that does bother the Christ out of me is that two of the painter heritors have thin (too thin, looks ridiculous) straight swords that seem to be bent...somebody please straiten them out and take new pics!!!
I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be curved.  There is some artwork floating around showing a heritor with a curved sword, and I think the plastic crew comes with one or more curved swords.  I think they are going for a pirate cutlass or Sinbad scimitar look.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:29:00 PM by mdauben »

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
''There is some artwork floating around showing a heritor with a curved sword''

The first in the artwork defintiely has a straight sword.

''I think they are going for a pirate cutlass or Sinbad scimitar look.''

Then they have failed as they look like straight swords that have been dropped, i think the paint jobs dont help as the paint on the swords looks a little thick.