Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:14:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690986
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Preffered rules for asoiaf  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Wulko

• Assistant
Preffered rules for asoiaf
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm new to the hobby and I wonder which rules you guys prefer when it comes to wargaming in Westeros? I've seen Franks Saga boards which look amazing, is there anybody who has done the same for Tully/Freys? Or if there are some army lists that might help guide me in building my army. I will probably start with them since I dont have all that many minis lying around, with them I think the Perry medievals will suffice.

TIA
Jonathan

Offline Wulko

• Assistant
Re: Preffered rules for asoiaf
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
I would also like to thank all of you that have posted your asoiaf stuff here, truly inspirational stuff!!  :-*

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »
I plan on using Dux Brit or Lion Rampant eventually. I'll probably try to make some house rules to convert the Dux rules unless the Lardies make a better option, but that wont happen within the next year or so by my estimate.

Online Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:44:42 PM »
I have happily played SAGA with existing battle boards. Pick a historical faction that has the right feel, and there you go. I like Rus Princes for House Stark.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
I plan on using Lion Rampant or Dragon Rampant if I need Dragons and Giants.

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:00:37 PM »
I'm looking  to try and do larger than skirmish size games by combining my yorkist WOTR 'troops as Tullys, Warwick' s household as Lannisters and a newly raised Stark army. No dragons, no giants (not yet) some sell swords and some captain Blood inspired kit bashs to make them look more ASOIAF and less Towton. So for rules I'm going to use Hail Caeser, but may have a look at Sword point as well.
Stand Fast - Strike Sure -  Carry On - Bydand

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 09:30:44 PM »
My plan is to adapt test of honour as it's already built around the same size and force of game that i want to play ASoIaF with
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 03:17:42 AM »
I like Dragon Rampant, and have been using it since it came out. I like being able to use the upgrades to "personalize" units, like adding Slayer and Fear to represent Jaime Lannister. Also, Lesser Warbeasts for Bolton War Dogs or Spellcasting for Warlocks or Red Priests/Priestesses. Oh, and Flying, Fire Spitting Greater Warbeasts being ridden by petite blonds ;). You can easily add bits from Lion Rampant/Pikemens Lament such as Dueling, campaign rules, Banner Bearers/Holy Men (LR Dark Ages rules) and more. Between the 3 books, there are at least 24+ scenarios to play/adjust/tamper with, and you use those in TMWWBK with some tweaking.

The size of games (40-60 models) makes it relatively easy to create new forces for each house or faction. Adding a unit or 2 can easily shake up your army list and give you a painting challenge. Want to add in a unit of Fierce Foot (aka lightly armored, fast moving warriors, slightly uncontrollable but hard hitting) to your prissy Lannister force. Paint up Shagga and some of his boys. Need some allies to fight wights for your Baratheons? Black Watch to the rescue! Or vis-versa! Like the pageantry of all the lesser houses and their coats of arms? Paint up a unit for each lesser house, or mix them together in a unit!

And once you have gathered a big army, Hail Caesar or Sword and Spear (regular or fantasy) or Swordpoint would work a treat...