Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Palaeo Diet – a new little project  (Read 54361 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Palaeo Diet – a new little project
« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2023, 04:28:16 AM »
Just a bit of threadsurrection.  Kind of selfish, found the thread and want easy access to it as I gravitate to working on my own 15 mm Stone Age setup.

Now off to explore the 3D print world to add stuff ice age/Stone Age related - no idea what I might find.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #301 on: July 23, 2023, 07:16:03 AM »
in a 15mm scale, i had to convert some ancient/biblical figurines to produce a descent set.
It's was in 90's.
And then i have turned to the 28mm world for a better choice.
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #302 on: July 23, 2023, 01:27:11 PM »
Choices in 15 mm massively better now - though the loss of Acheson Creations took some 'pieces off the board' (unless someone else picked them up - not up to date, just know they were closing down at last word). 

My3D search was in hopes of finding extra 'fringe' items but, so far, not very successful. 

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2023, 06:12:04 PM »
the last add-on for my collection :
Terror bird and his eggs, from Coppelstone range.

a big one.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2023, 08:56:54 PM »
Choices in 15 mm massively better now - though the loss of Acheson Creations took some 'pieces off the board' (unless someone else picked them up - not up to date, just know they were closing down at last word). 

My3D search was in hopes of finding extra 'fringe' items but, so far, not very successful.

Iron Gate will scale down some of their prints https://irongatescenery.co.uk/product-category/animal-minis/

I had a few done - the mammoths worked out well but the raft 'oar' was way too thin to be of use so I guess they just digitally shrink and not look at the impact... My purchase is documented at https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/forums/topic/got-a-little-parcel-in-the-post/

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2023, 10:21:02 PM »
The Acheson Creations 15mm Paleolithic animal lines were picked up by Khurasan Miniatures. I sent an email to Khurasan a few months ago and the owner confirmed the critters will be back in production, but he wasn’t sure about the exact timeline. That’s not much help right away for your project, but there’s hope that they’ll be available again!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:07:19 AM by Pattus Magnus »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2023, 06:35:37 AM »
Andrew B. - You just cost me some money.  And thank you!  lol. Have to place an order for a number of items if they will scale them down to 15 mm.

Pattus, thanks for the information, I had run across the possibility that Khurasan might have picked these up but I found nothing in their listings.  Glad to hear we can expect them back on the market for those in need.  I think I got all I wanted from both companies when I was most actively collecting for this 'era'.

Even though I have figures to convert, I am still really hoping for some more properly clad women and children and old men to augment my collection.  I approached Khurasan but the reply was, well, for $XXX I will get it done.  Nothing wrong with that approach but don't want them that badly.  Be a pity if they finally release them and I no longer need them as a result of converting what I need and have it all painted and can no longer justify buying more.  But the hope continues.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2023, 11:11:23 AM »
Andrew B. - You just cost me some money.  And thank you!  lol. Have to place an order for a number of items if they will scale them down to 15 mm.

Pattus, thanks for the information, I had run across the possibility that Khurasan might have picked these up but I found nothing in their listings.  Glad to hear we can expect them back on the market for those in need.  I think I got all I wanted from both companies when I was most actively collecting for this 'era'.

Even though I have figures to convert, I am still really hoping for some more properly clad women and children and old men to augment my collection.  I approached Khurasan but the reply was, well, for $XXX I will get it done.  Nothing wrong with that approach but don't want them that badly.  Be a pity if they finally release them and I no longer need them as a result of converting what I need and have it all painted and can no longer justify buying more.  But the hope continues.

The Acheson Creations 15mm Paleolithic animal lines were picked up by Khurasan Miniatures. I sent an email to Khurasan a few months ago and the owner confirmed the critters will be back in production, but he wasn’t sure about the exact timeline. That’s not much help right away for your project, but there’s hope that they’ll be available again!

I think you are in the wrong topic
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=142102.0

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2023, 03:52:01 PM »
nevisfr, sorry about that, I see what you mean. Chalk it up to general enthusiasm about Paleolithic gaming!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2023, 04:17:24 AM »
Not exactly wrong topic but can certainly move further discussion on the 15 mm side to a different and already existing recent thread.  Was responding to a couple of other posts in this thread.  Like Pattus, chalk it up to topical enthusiasm.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2023, 07:04:26 AM »
No problemo
 ;)

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2023, 08:47:11 AM »
For scale comparison with the terror bird . and yes, he can be used for Pulp of course !

;)