Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More 1:600 Naval Flags  (Read 717 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
More 1:600 Naval Flags
« on: September 10, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »
Accordingly to the announcement I made a couple of months ago, we've spent much of Summer learning about 17th century naval flags, and starting to design some under form of a small DIN A7 paper sheet, each comprising one large ensign, two medium-sized mast flags, a bow jack and a pennant.

This way, last month we printed and released the first three sheets, intended for Spanish, Portuguese and French trans-oceanic trade galleons sets –just as published in this LAF thread of last month.

Following this path, we've just released now another set of flag sheets, this time one for a Spanish man-of-war of 17th century second half, a Catalan galleon of 1642-1653 and Thomas Tew pirate ship --Thomas Tew, active from 1691 to 1695, is reputed to have hoisted the first black Jolly Roger recorded.

About the second half of current month we shall release a further set, this one devoted to the English Royal Navy --admittedly a must for any Age of Sail collection:

All this, while the making of our first 1:600 scale model ship is being completed:

---

If eventually interested in this upcoming range, please notice our current general schedule, recorded on this page of Minairons blog. Also, please have into account that you can decisively influence such schedule by assigning your priorities to the items in our Wishlist, as recorded in our website's page of that name. Feel free to check and contribute, join or suggest!

Cheers
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
minairons-news.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/MinaironsMiniatures
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
Re: More 1:600 Naval Flags
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
I hadn't followed your progress on the 1/600 range since jumping ship from TMP... I'm delighted to see how excellent that printed example of the digital sculpt looks!

I fear a goodly proportion of my income shall find its way to Spain in the near future...  :D
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.