Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691117
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hi from Sydney, Australia  (Read 850 times)

Offline MurrayBirse

• Lurker
    • Birse Creative Simulations
Hi from Sydney, Australia
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »
Greetings all,

A little about my gaming:

I've collected LOTR minis, D&D and Star Wars minis, and in more recent years a heap of Reaper minis.  I mostly play medieval fantasy table-top RPGs, but have had a go at a variety of games over the years.  To my eternal shame I've barely painted any of my minis, and have actually paid to have my Reaper minis painted by someone else (plenty of surplus money but no spare time apparently  ::) )...  I wish I could paint as well as many of you do, but alas never got around to learning.

The main reason for this is that I've been working on a computer program (game?) to help GM's run their table-top games.  I've been developing this for many years (coding for the last 5 years now) in my spare time and am currently play-testing it with a group of friends.  It does a LOT of stuff, and I can safely say it is helping me run a better game with less effort.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but some of you guys certainly look like you could help!

What I need help with:

I need some medieval transport pieces made (two-wheeled cart, four-wheeled wagon, and a rowboat or similar) so I can photograph them for use in the program.  I would like to commission someone to make these for me (and possibly more) and am happy to pay commercial rates for your efforts.  If anyone is able to meet this challenge - please let me know!

Best regards,

Murray

Offline MurrayBirse

• Lurker
Re: Hi from Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Scurv,

That paintwork by Fram Framson looks really great!

I was looking for some scratch built pieces rather than off-the-shelf though, but Framson's website mentions he can do that sort of thing, might have to ask for a quote...

If anyone else is interested or needs more specific information about what I'm after, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Murray

Offline MurrayBirse

• Lurker
Re: Hi from Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »
Good news everyone, I've found someone who is willing and able to make the sculpts I need.

Thanks again guys for pointing me in the right direction!  :)

Cheers,
Murray