Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689295
  • Total Topics: 118270
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Black Army Green: Abel, Puritan Witch Hunter (Warning: Lots of Pics)  (Read 14029 times)

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
I don't know how the hell I missed this...but that is a fine looking Puritan righter-of-wrongs. 

How soon will he be available?

Ryan

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Thanks for the question, Ryan. And I'm glad you noticed him. I think he's going to be a very useful figure for a lot of folks (myself included).

I can't say for certain when he'll be available. The hope is to have him (and the others) ready for release by this summer. That may be ambitious on my part, but one can always hope. At the very least, assuming all goes according to plan, they will be out this year.

As Mal has already indicated, it takes some time to get these things off the ground. I still need to find a moldmaker and caster (though I've had some great suggestions on that front from James). If all goes according to plan, there should be approximately thirteen to fourteen figures in the initial range, possibly more. That would provisionally include the first three releases in the Champions of History range, plus about ten castings in the Shanghai range. I need to get off my butt, as there's another green I'd like to acquire, which is why I say "thirteen to fourteen".

If things work out particularly well, and the price on casting and moldmaking is reasonable in terms of the budget, there may be more figs in the initial run. Just depends upon how things pan out in terms of cost, etc.

I'll just point out to you, and anyone else interested, that I am more than open to suggestions for the Champions of History line. I have a good list of individuals who deserve figs, but if there's a particular demand for one or the other, perhaps I can shift things here or there.

On a final note, I will reveal details of the third figure in the range as soon as James is comfortable with him. We had some issues with the initial pose (just didn't look right, according to James, and I trust his judgement), so James is going to try something else we discussed, and hopefully that will work better.

(ok, so I just revealed that the third fig is a "He", but I promise that there are females planned for both ranges, too.)

-Doc

warbeads

Zorro has competition in battling the Commandante! ;D

Would also work well in themed Superhero game. :)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
Doc what is your new miniature company named?  And do you have a web site?

Really like the witch hunter! :D

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
DO -

The company is called Black Army Productions. Website is www.blackarmyproductions.com; these aren't yet available for sale, but you can get a general idea of what we're about by exploring the (admittedly fairly simple) website.

-Doc

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well done.  But it looks like the witch in the wizard of OZ with the green putty face lol  but a great sculpt.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
DO -

The company is called Black Army Productions. Website is www.blackarmyproductions.com; these aren't yet available for sale, but you can get a general idea of what we're about by exploring the (admittedly fairly simple) website.

-Doc

Nice,

Though with that gs face reminds me more of the wicked witch of the west at present! :D

Be good for a van helsing and an not 'V' (from V for Vendetta).

More please!

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
not 'V' (from V for Vendetta).

Actually, that is a good thought. Would have to convert him to hold two knives/daggers instead, and possibly modify the face a bit, but other than that, he'd look the part (and I always did want to do a 'V' conversion for the swashbuckling era).  :)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: New Black Army Green: Abel, Puritan Witch Hunter (Warning: Lots of Pics)
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »
That is super cool! I want one!!!

...at least one... :-*

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 06:20:36 AM »
That is super cool! I want one!!!

...at least one... :-*

Concidentally, Mike, I think your Strange Aeons rules are super cool;)

I'm glad you like the fig. I'll be sure to let you know when he's available. Should be by the end of the month (fingers crossed).

-Doc

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »
AWESOME!  ;D

And just in time too...  I am gunna be kicking off a Witch Hunter game soon!

Please keep us informed when he will be released!  :-*
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »
AWESOME!  ;D

And just in time too...  I am gunna be kicking off a Witch Hunter game soon!

Please keep us informed when he will be released!  :-*

Glad you like him, Richard:) He's one of my heroes, so I had to have him, and James did a fantastic job with him.

Actually, I would like very much to add to Abel's allies and enemies, maybe (eventually) as a sub line. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know. I'm very open to them. I love the Howard stories, but I'm afraid I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of -all- the characters in them; I'm sure between those, and other sources, there could be some good stuff in the offing.

Anyway, getting back to your question, at the moment, master mold one of two is complete. When master mold two is completed (probably after the 25th of August, due to my caster's schedule), then we will be able to make production molds of Abel (who is in master mold two). Assuming all goes well with the molding, he should be available by the second week of September (I'm hoping for earlier, but that really depends upon the mail service and a couple other factors that neither I nor the caster have control of).

The Champions of History will probably cost between 4 and 5 dollars each; I'll know for certain when the molding is done.

-Doc

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Very nice mini, although he looks a tiny bit like he's fencing a hafling.

That's about the size of it!

lol

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hh016.htm Van Halfling would be a great companion I reckon.