Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: GASLIGHT on MARS: Earthman go Home Photos  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Sheriff Lee

• Student
GASLIGHT on MARS: Earthman go Home Photos
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:44:05 AM »
Photos of the "GASLIGHT On Mars: Eathman Go Home" from the Minnesota SORTG are on my flicker:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheriff-lee-ficks/

The 4-armed Taaks are made from GW Orks using two body trunks, four arms and two legs, well ok one head too.   

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: GASLIGHT on MARS: Earthman go Home Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:24:04 AM »
nice set up
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »
Looks like lots of fun.

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »
I played in that game last night, and it was fun.  What Sheriff Lee is NOT telling you is that one of his Martian walkers was disabled by a volley of rifle fire (really lucking rolling on my part) and then tipped over by a Hero (absurdly good rolling :o). 
"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
Hey, I like the greek temple you have! Where does it come from? BTW... does GASLIGHT make use of poker cards?
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
I think Lee got the temple from an aquarium store.  We were using the Savage Worlds-Showdown activation method, hence the cards

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »
Great stuff Sheriff!  The "orcs-into-green martians" idea is a very good one and well worth looking at, as there are lots of "out of date and therefore useless to Munchkins" figures sloshing about which can be obtained very cheap  :D

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
I've just come back from taking my son to see "Aliens Vs Monsters" and your "Earthmen go home" title reminds me of a visual gag in the film  lol

It's a very good film, by the way, and if you like old pulp/sci-fi stuff you'll love the references and in-jokes  ;)

Offline G. K. Zhukov

• Assistant
    • La Dacha de G. K. Zhukov
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »
The 4-armed Taaks are made from GW Orks using two body trunks, four arms and two legs, well ok one head too.  

Great setup! :)

I bought some Caesar's and Dark Alliance's 1:72 orcs in order to perform a similar operation as you did. I also got some of Caesar's 1:72 Elves, to check if they could be turned into Space 1889 Canal Martians. ::)

I've just come back from taking my son to see "Aliens Vs Monsters" and your "Earthmen go home" title reminds me of a visual gag in the film  lol It's a very good film, by the way, and if you like old pulp/sci-fi stuff you'll love the references and in-jokes  ;)

Thanks for the quick review. This afternoon it's my turn to take my 5-year old to watch it. ;)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

Great setup! :)

I bought some Caesar's and Dark Alliance's 1:72 orcs in order to perform a similar operation as you did. I also got some of Caesar's 1:72 Elves, to check if they could be turned into Space 1889 Canal Martians. ::)

I've just come back from taking my son to see "Aliens Vs Monsters" and your "Earthmen go home" title reminds me of a visual gag in the film  lol It's a very good film, by the way, and if you like old pulp/sci-fi stuff you'll love the references and in-jokes  ;)

Thanks for the quick review. This afternoon it's my turn to take my 5-year old to watch it. ;)

I think you'll both enjoy it.