Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Serj's Ignominious Seven  (Read 664 times)

Offline MerlintheMad

• Librarian
    • My Battle of Hastings
Serj's Ignominious Seven
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:09:51 AM »
http://merlinthemad.blogspot.com/2017/09/serjs-ignominious-seven.html

The players wimped out! I am going to love this. None of these seven characters are going to live this down. When word gets out that the village was in fact spared, and that it continues to be exploited, the "Seven" will be held in very low esteem. This will make future role playing most interesting.
Push the button, Max...

Offline MerlintheMad

• Librarian
    • My Battle of Hastings
Re: Serj's Ignominious Seven
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 04:23:53 AM »
I got ambitious (for me) and created some burned buildings. Ten altogether. So far, this scenario requires six. The blog page is updated to show the burned buildings.

Here's how I went about it:

It was fun, because it was quick and easy: from Michael's, a three pack of paper mache boxes, equals six square buildings in three sizes (well, technically six sizes, as the lids are a tad bigger than the boxes themselves; I can't see the difference with the naked eye); and a four pack of wooden rectangular boxes did the rest. Using my bag of black gravel and various pieces of wood and bits of crap that I saw during the project, I tossed it in and arranged everything to look like the last not-quite-consumed timbers of the inner structure.

Trouble came when I went to spray everything black: the light bits of wood and trash moved! Duh! I resumed the spraying at a distance where the "whoosh" of air would not blow everything out of arrangement, at least not too much. That made a sticky surface, then I closed in for the really thick spray. Mostly it worked. I used up the last of a can of Krylon black primer, probably no more than c. ten percent full. Then I doused everything down with a full can.

I don't know how robust the bits inside the ruins will be. Probably I will have to glue pieces back in. I should have glued them down in the first place, then sprinkled my black gravel on last, then gone to town (punny) with the spray can in complete confidence. But I was cutting corners, trying for absolute speed; and I succeeded in that at least. At no point did I have to wait between stages in the assembly and final spraying.

Oh, well, better system next time; except there probably won't be a next time. You'd think that, by now, at the tender age of five-plus decades of model building, that I would have taken into account the forced air that comes with the spray paint! Yes, you would think that. Oh WELL!