Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Spam on Blogspot.....how to fight it? (He's gone! And now he's back! .....)  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Re: Spam on Blogspot.....how to fight it? (He's gone! And now he's back! .....)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »
Well, you have just made me go and check my blog. I hit the 'design' button to get to my dashboard or whatever it is called.

Anyway in the header information it says "We have enabled automatic spam detection for comments. You should occasionally check the comments in your spam inbox" I have no idea how to turn this on or off, or even that I had it. Anyway, I then checked my spam box and there are 5 very obvious spam posts located there that have clearly been detected and dealt with.

Is that something that might help you? I am guessing that the feature also ensures that once you mark a poster up as spam, it remembers to treat all their posts as spam. 

Not sure what you mean, I have no such thing on my Replies page, and the only things in my spam box are the stuff I sent there myself. I've marked the poster Blogger as a spammer right from the get go, and nothing has happend at all. I do however have AdBlock Plus running ad that is blocking 14 individual items per page. 14!
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:19 AM »
I am on my blog and signed in. Top right of screen gives me an option to go to the DESIGN page (or log out etc).

In the design screen, I see a block of informational text entries that sit in a yellow coloured window.

Immediately below that, I have small pale blue window with just a couple of lines of text. This is where it tells me that my Auto Spam thing is enabled.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 08:43:40 AM »
The autospam filters are based on googles own findings, updated every 7 days. Or were..

so basically they monitor some number of honeypot sites, whatever spam turns up gets add to the autospamban list used for everybody.

So if the spammer/s do not match any of their patterns etc, then not in their list, not banned.

No doubt it helps - but if you have a very specific set of spammers, not gonna help much, as they won't be hitting any of the honeypots

It gets more confusing telling the difference between blogspot and blogger, so not sure they will have the same features? even though both are google powered.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »
I am on my blog and signed in. Top right of screen gives me an option to go to the DESIGN page (or log out etc).

In the design screen, I see a block of informational text entries that sit in a yellow coloured window.

Immediately below that, I have small pale blue window with just a couple of lines of text. This is where it tells me that my Auto Spam thing is enabled.

Sorry, I'm on Blogspot. I see none of that.