Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68771 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
RN Estudio sells 3D resin casts, 3D sculplting serves, and they will even print your STL files for you.  They appear to be based in Spain. 

I purchased some Punkapocalyptic minis from the online retailer, Noble Knight Games. These minis came in Punkapocalyptic packaging but don't appear in Punkapocalyptic's online store.  RN Estudio sells these same minis, so my guess is that RN Estudio does design and possibly production work for Bad Roll Games (the maker of Punkapocalyptic).

LINKY

I purchased the following two minis for my TNT Raider warband, The Jackalopes.  I'll report back on the quality of the 3D casts/prints when these minis arrive.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2020, 02:42:14 AM »
I finished the last 3 Wild Mutants.  Below is a group shot of all 6 models.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:19 PM »
These are the random encounter tables I've been working from.  Creatures marked WIP are models that I own, but haven't yet been painted.  I'm still shopping around for the models marked 'WANT'.  When I play I will restrict the random encounters to only those models that I have. 

My obsessive nature compels me to collect and paint some of these beasties, but not all of them.  Eight creatures types from the Nuisance table and six creature types from the other two tables will give my games a good variety of creature types. ;)

My rad dog models can pull double duty as Chupacabra or Wild dogs.  They could serve as Plague Carriers and Waste Wolves as well.

I've replaced Mud Crabs with Giant Rats.  Giant Rats are in the TNT bestiary but they didn't make it onto the Nuisance Creatures table.

I've very pleased with my most recent additions.  I've purchased 3 Overwhelming Swarms - Ooze models to use as Toxic Jelly.  These models were made by Whizkids.  The plan is to put them on proper bases, apply a coat of gloss varnish to make the models look wet and gooey, and call it good.  Easy-peasy.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:00:17 PM by Koyote »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2020, 01:19:50 AM »
Nice work on the mutants.  That is a very comprehensive collection for encounters.  But can you really live without rad roaches or hill folk?   lol
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2020, 04:03:25 PM »
Nice work on the mutants.  That is a very comprehensive collection for encounters.  But can you really live without rad roaches or hill folk?   lol
I can certainly live without the roaches. Gross.  ;)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2020, 04:03:50 PM »

My original idea for a Plague Carrier was to use a converted GW plague bearer (I have a few left over from my Mordheim Carnival of Chaos project), but after digging through my many boxes and bags of unused minis, I happened upon the minis from the Black Crab Miniatures 2: Necropolis Scum Kickstarter.  These miniatures were inspired by the drawings of Black Crab Art artist, Moritz.  I haven't had the occasion to use any of these wonderfully morose and wretched miniatures, but using one to represent the bringer of plague and death to a post-apocalyptic wasteland seems quite fitting.

The mini is 28mm scale, but its a tad large, so I mounted it on a 32mm round.  This gave me room to put a sizeable pile of bones on the base to further emphasis the idea that this fellow is the bringer of death. 

I added to the model a satchel containing a severed arm and foot (from the Mantic Games ghoul sprue) to add a bit more creepiness to this model.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2020, 04:33:23 PM »
For the last few days its been too hot to paint, so I've been using my nightly 2-3  hours of hobby time to assemble and prep models for painting.  Last night I worked on my Wastewolves,

These models are OOP Dire Wolves from Redbox Games.  I mounted them on 32mm rounds and used bits from Green Stuff World's Dump Yard Plates and resin bottles and cans from Tabletop Art's Beverage Bottles and Cans set, to add a wasteland feel to the bases.  I still need to glue sand to the bases to add texture.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:33:29 PM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »
As I paint the six Trogs and the Trog King, I take breaks to assemble and prep other models for paint.

The Whizkid's Ooze arrived in the mail yesterday.  Getting them off their bases was a chore.  I had to saw through the very bottom of each model to free them from their original bases.

I attached each model to its new base with a tiny dab of super glue, and then added scattered bones and texture to the bases. 

Now that the texture is dry, I am going to pop the models off of their bases.  This will allow me to quickly primer and paint each base.  Once the bases  are done, I will reattach the models, brush gloss varnish onto the Ooze, and call it good.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2020, 07:38:01 PM »
It Came From The Wastes! is the newest TNT supplement.  Inspired by low budget monster movies, this supplement provides rules rules for battling really big wasteland beasties.

LINKY

Big Behemoths – Equal to any single warband, behemoths are giant monsters that can throw cars, shoot powerful eye beams, or crush puny humans and mutants with claws twice the size of a man. This book is totally about them!

Build Your Own Behemoth – Full rules are included for designing behemoths using a point-buy system.  You can build whatever you want: a giant robot that can shoot missiles, a massive radioactive dragon, building sized insects, a 50 foot tall woman!  If you can dream it, you can make it.

Scalable Destruction –The rules take into account different sizes of behemoths.  While a small warband might challenge a behemoth with 10 wounds, only the truly best warbands can take on the 20 wound mega-monsters!

Behemoth Fighting Time – Not content with behemoths smashing your puny warbands?  Want to pit your giant monstrosity against other behemoths? We totally have rules for that.

New Scenarios – Three brand new scenarios are included.  In The Trouble Between Us two warbands try to fight each other while a behemoth rampages across the battlefield While in the aptly named Dishonorable Duty, your warbands must collect valuable behemoth “droppings”.  Finally, a brand new solo scenario where your warband must recover valuable relics while avoiding a behemoth running amok.

And it just so happens that I have an extra giant model. It's one of two giant models that I purchased from a 3D-printer who sells on etsy.  I painted one and added it to my SAGA: Age of Magic, Celt Horde warband.  The remaining model, which is oddly proportioned and the more brutish of the two, will make an excellent wasteland giant.  I'm going to hang a few post-apoc trinkets (e.g. hubcaps and road signs) from its belt and possibly replace its club with a telephone pole.

I've already ordered a Micro Arts Studio 60 mm Highway base. Littered with debris and wreckage, these are the bases that I use for my post-apoc warband models and some of my wasteland critters, like my Terror Turkey and Giant Mutant Scorpion.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2020, 08:16:48 PM »
Watch out all you Eloi, my Trogs are ready to hit the streets of post-apocalypse Seattle.

Also on the wasteland menu for today is a side order of Toxic Jelly. 

Nine more wasteland creatures done, many more to go. :)

Offline Chimpfoot

• Mad Scientist
  • Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all
    • chimpfoots tavern
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
Great repurposing of lucid eyes corlocks  :o
chimpfoots-tavern.blogspot.com

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2020, 09:46:18 PM »
Those are some really ugly looking Trogs.  Well done.    Looking forward to the giant's progress.  The skin is so weirdly layered it makes a great mutant.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2020, 05:22:59 AM »
As always, you continue to deliver. Great stuff mate!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2020, 03:49:05 AM »
More progress.

Greater Mutant Scorpion (aka my GW Contrast paint fail)

Trog King

\

Wastewolves (the middle wolf looks way too happy)

Plague Carrier

My TNT critter to-do list is shrinking. :)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:39:51 AM by Koyote »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2020, 04:32:04 AM »
Not quite so sure the contrast scorpion is a failure.   The trog, wolves and carrier look quite nice.