Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:22:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68576 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #285 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »
 lol lol

"And the Wasteland was filled with it's terror laden cry, people only dared whisper.... gobble gobble. Gobble gobble!"

Amazing ideas!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #286 on: July 17, 2020, 02:47:34 AM »
I've painted more 'nuisance' level creatures of the wasteland.

Giant Rats

Gnash Worms (Lesser)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #287 on: July 17, 2020, 06:25:29 AM »
Great painting. I especially like the gnash worms.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #288 on: July 17, 2020, 05:52:42 PM »
Great work as always man!
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2020, 10:59:50 PM »
The next batch of models are six more 'nuisance' level creatures.  These wasteland degenerates are Trogs.  They are a race of subterranean dwelling descendants of humanity.  Exposure to radiation, living underground, and lord knows what else, has caused them to devolve into savage brutes.  They are essentially stronger, but dumber Morlocks. 

The minis are Corelocks from Lucid Eye Productions' Savage Core model line.  In keeping with H.G. Wells' description of the Morlock, these models are a bit short in stature. This made the crouching models quite short, so I boosted their height by posing them on barrels and crates.

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
This big fella is a Vendo.  The Vendo made its entrance into the TNT universe in the early TNT supplement, Kickstart the Wasteland and its likeness has been most recently recreated for the cover of the Going It Alone supplement.  A Vendo is exactly what it looks like, and robotic vending machine.  How it manages to keep itself stocked after all these centuries is anyone's guess.   

A Vendo may be hired by any warband as a Freelancer.  At the end of every scenario there is a 90% chance that it will add 2 to 10 barterscript worth of scrounged goods to the warband's inventory.

This wonderfully creative model is made by Worlds End Publishing.  It has a resin body and white metal arms.  It's a tad too large to fit on a 25mm base so I mounted 32mm base.

By painting it red I didn't exhibit a tremendous amount of imagination, but as a Coca-Cola drinker I felt compelled to do so.  I added my own touches by painting a diagonal white stripe on each side and covering it with bullet holes and other battle damage. This particular robot has had a rough couple of centuries.

Vendo

Online Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
Love the face on Vendo :D

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2020, 08:45:42 AM »
Love the face on Vendo :D

Indeed - terrific brushwork on this very characterful miniature.

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
Thanks.

I stole the idea for the eyes from the cover of the Going It Alone supplement. 

When you compare my model to the illustration you will see why I chided myself for my lack of imagination/originality.  Although, it appears as if the illustrator copied the Vendo's coloring from whoever painted the Vendo for the World's End Publishing webstore. 

I haven't developed the knack for painting in a manner that is dark, gritty, and realistic. My painting style is very similar to the 1990s White Dwarf Eavy Metal painters, which tends to be very 'clean' and a bit cartoony.  Painting 'clean' doesn't automatically jive with painting post-apoc minis, but for the most part I think I've made it work.  Nevertheless, IMHO there are some models in this genre that should look a bit grittier than others, and the Vendo is one of them.  The photo doesn't portray it very well, but I think I struck a good balance between my preferred painting style and style that is a bit gritier. As a result, the model doesn't look out of place among my other TNT minis, but you can tell that it's been a while since the model rolled off the assembly line.

I may still go back and darken the metal parts and do some patches of dark stippling .

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2020, 03:23:33 AM »
Below is my Trog test model.  This is my first attempt at painting extreme white albino-like flesh.  It took a couple of tries, but I think it turned out ok.

Photographing white models is difficult. Too much light and the white parts become washed out/flattened and it is difficult to perceive curves and different surfaces. Too little light and everything turns out dark.  I tried to hit the right balance with this photo, but it’s still a bit off the mark. 

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »
So much to love in this thread. The Trog looks the part.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2020, 08:29:43 PM »
Great thread and some brilliant work.

I'm blown away by the white skin tones.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
The Trog looks great.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
One of the creatures on TNT's Nuisance Creatures table is the Wild Mutant. I used CP Model's mutated zombie minis to make my first three Wild Mutants.  The mins with the big bellies aren't mutated enough for my liking, so is used GW Chaos bits and greenstuff to give them more obvious mutations.  Wild Mutants aren't zombies, so I painted their skin using my normal recipe for flesh.  I  didn't patch the open wounds.  I figure life in wasteland is very harsh for these feral, half-mad creatures, so open wounds and sores are inevitable.

In TNT, Nuisance level creatures are encountered in groups of 4-6 models.  With the addition of these 3 mutants (made by Crooked Dice Game Design Studio) I will have enough models to field 6 Wild Mutants.

When fielded together, 5 out of the 6 Wild Mutants will be shirtless.  Apparently losing your shirt is one of the first things you do when you become a Wild Mutant. :)

Aside from a football shaped head, the model on the left bears no obvious sign of mutation, so I added a horn to its forehead.

The right arm of the model on the right ended in a spiked mace-like appendage.  The mace-hand was kind of lame, so I replaced most of the arm with a tentacle.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2020, 02:28:24 AM »
Nice mutants.  The baby growing out of the chest is of course, a classic.