Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689259
  • Total Topics: 118267
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battlefront's Mid-Late 20th Century [AIW/'Nam] Armour Range Question  (Read 573 times)

Offline Ryltar Thamior

• Bookworm
I was taking a leaf through Battlefront's online store the other night, and I noted with some dismay that a number of their tanks and other armoured vehicles from each of the Fate of a Nation and Vietnam ranges were now missing - in specia, the Soviet heavy and medium tanks [IS-3s and T-54s iirc] that were in their Egyptian/UAR section [I'd been looking to use those for a 'longer-running WWII' alt-history game]; although it also appears that much of their armour and transports from pretty much all of the other forces in these settings has also gone.

Now, I'm presuming this might have something to do iwth the announced upcoming re-do of both of these games/eras in 2018 - and also, for that matter, with the possibility of retooling the kits or rendering [some of] them in plastic for Team Yankee [which was rumoured to be getting an 'early war' equivalent with lower tech iirc]. But despite a few cursory google searches, I've been unable to turn up anything solid to state that this is or is not the case.

Since I'm a bit new at this period and style of gaming, I was wondering if the wise minds of this forum had any superior insight into what might've happened to those kits and when or if they might be coming back at some point in the not-too-equidistant future.
"When the going gets weird ... the Weird turn pro"

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Battlefront's Mid-Late 20th Century [AIW/'Nam] Armour Range Question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:36 PM »
Battelfront's announcement on its 2018 plans (part 2, including "EW" Team Yankee):
http://www.team-yankee.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5741

I assume like you that the kits are coming back in plastic (there's not much in that above link).
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen