Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:35:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old West "Newcomer"  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Schrodingers_Cat

• Assistant
Old West "Newcomer"
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »
First of all, hello! After reading through this site for the past week or so, I thought it's about time I posted some of my stuff! I've been doing Old West stuff since the start of December 08, and here's what I have so far:

Lawmen - Artizan & Dixon

Some Gunmen - Dixon

Outlaws, led by the infamous "Colonel"  ;) - Artizan

Townsfolk - Dixon

(Photos aren’t the greatest, sorry!)

Aside from this, I have about 6 more townsfolk to paint, and I have a collection of cardstock buildings (Shadowolf and WhiteWash City). I'm also in the process of converting a few Warmachine 'jacks a friend gave me into some more "steampunk"/Wierd West style Machines. Although I’m unsure what to get next... some wagons maybe?

The rules I've had a look at/play through are the TRWNN (free copy at the moment, is it worth the £25?). I quite like them, but does anyone suggest anything else? I've played a bit of GW, so how does Legends of the Old West hold out?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Old West "Newcomer"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
Some nice figures there. Looks like the beginnings of a great collection :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
Agreed!

I like the idea of using "the Colonel" and I have a similar figure [I think] so I might have to hijack your idea  ;)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
"Everyone knows that the world is ruled by a secret organization known as the Pentaphlet that meets fortnightly in a location known only as 'The Meadows'."

"What?"

"Aye. The Queen, The Rothschilds, the Gettys, the Pope, and Colonel Sanders before he went tets up. Oh, how I hated the colonel. With his wee, beady eyes. 'Oh, you're gonna like my chicken, oohh!'"

"Dad, how could you hate 'The Colonel'?"

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ye crave it fortnightly, smart arse!"

;)

-Doc

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:10:47 AM »
Schrodingers_Cat;
Nice looking figures...I didn't know that Dixon had so many nice figures. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
nice to see you perusled over SCHRO. its Zedmaster here from the PA forum. as usual loving the stuff. (went out and bought me some cardstock so i can do some better buildings to now  ;D)

TW
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:59:15 AM »
Nice miniatures, Schrodingers_C - I particularly like the colour scheme on "The Colonel". I have that very same model, but haven't painted it yet, and have always seen it in dark colours. Your interpretation of it is excellent! In fact, it's also a paint job that transforms the model from a sinister outlaw/hard-nosed lawman into a possible "Upstanding Citizen" type model. I really will have to think about lighter colours for a few of my models. Really good stuff. Nice job on the other minis too - Artizan and Dixons alike.
Are there more?
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »
Wonderful painting on your figures, cant wait to see more when you get them out.  Keep it up!

Offline Schrodingers_Cat

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »
Thanks everyone!

This is it for the time being, as I'm snowed under with work and other life associated stuffs at the moment  lol However, there will be more to come. I do like the Dixon mini's, they may not be the best sculpts, but they have a lot of character. Got my hands on a train off ebay, which needs a new paintjob, and I still have a few more townsfolk to paint, which I'll hopefully get round to soon enough!

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 04:45:55 PM »
Welcome aboard Schrodingers_Cat.  Nice collection of cowpokes there.  Like your name too, but stay awake from metal boxes.  ;)

"Everyone knows that the world is ruled by a secret organization known as the Pentaphlet that meets fortnightly in a location known only as 'The Meadows'."

"What?"

"Aye. The Queen, The Rothschilds, the Gettys, the Pope, and Colonel Sanders before he went tets up. Oh, how I hated the colonel. With his wee, beady eyes. 'Oh, you're gonna like my chicken, oohh!'"

"Dad, how could you hate 'The Colonel'?"

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ye crave it fortnightly, smart arse!"

;)

-Doc

Great movie.  :)