Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Map based campaign for TNT..... Need some ideas!  (Read 863 times)

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
Map based campaign for TNT..... Need some ideas!
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
Hey all you Lead Adventurers...

My girlfriend and I are in the beginning stages of a new campaign for TNT and for a bit of a twist I thought it would be fun to use a campaign map to track our adventures across the wasteland. I've already created the map using an A4, 8x10, 1" square graph paper and the territories were assigned to each square by rolling a D8 and D10.

Now my problem is that I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on how to proceed with the campaign. We are going to be playing a RPG story based campaign (she used to play DnD back in the day so insisted on a game similar to that but I haven't ever GM'd before and neither has she.. So this is where we are stuck)

Maybe I should also mention that she is playing an outcast mutant warband and I'm playing the Caravaneers warband and that we are 2 games in, the first an introduction game and the second game was the start of the actual campaign.

Here's the list of territories that we will be using.. Unless specified there will only be 1-3 of each territory..

-wasteland and toxic wasteland (naturally being that the game takes place in the wasteland there are multiple of these)
-bunker
-camp ground
-crumbling ruins
-drinking hole or bar/pub or whatever you want to call it....
-factory
-farm (multiple of these)
-fort (1)
-garage, auto or storage
-gas station
-highway (like the wasteland and toxic wasteland there are multiple of these)
-hospital (1)
-military base (1)
-mine entrance (1)
-motel
-oil tower
-power plant
-roadside diner
-settlement (only a few of these scattered across the wasteland)
-shanty towns (multiple of these as well)
-shopping mall
-subway/train platform (we have 2 of these, each one is on a different side of the map and I already have a plan for this territory)
-trading post (3 of these)
-trailer park
-tribal village
-urban ruins
-urban town
-watchtower (multiple of these and this territory is unique because if you control a watchtower you can "view" each territory that is adjacent to the square its on)

Ok so this is what we are working with and this is where I request some help figuring out what to do and how to proceed with a storyline??? It would also be very much helpful as for what to do with the territories....

Many thanks from the both of us!
Weez

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
Re: Map based campaign for TNT..... Need some ideas!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:57:15 AM »
I would go for some kind of exploration/ build shanty town campaign. Start with the shanty town whom hired some mercs (players team) to act as sheriffs/protectors. Put out the hexes around them as known territory, one of them must be a road. Build the road for Three hexes and let it end in a city. The hexes around the road are also known. Collaborate on team and Town development but to begin with only use one team. One of you plays the team in the battles and one of you play the opponent (a bit like being the GM).

Every Campaign round the mercs get to move one hex, all unknown hexes around the hex they come to are reveald. I would randomize what´s in them. Create a randomized encounter for entering a unknown hex.

Every Campaign round randomize a encounter in the "known" World. Say for example that a tribal team has been spotted in the known world. The GM puts a red pin labelled a number on the Campaign map. A pin that has a moveable encounter gets to move one hex each round. A encounter that are on the road between the shanty Town and city are raiding the trade leading to less payment for the team.

Every Campaign round the team gets paid by the shanty town. It is handled by just resetting the team in ammo and stuff. This way you lessen the book keeping. Also some kind of bonus for exploring a new hex and defeating a encounter. These bonuses will make it possible for the team to expand and buy better equipment.

Every Campaign round the shanty Town earns a expanse point. These points are used to buy new buildings or things to the shanty town. One example could be a "shanty". Each shanty in the town makes it possible to have a member in the team. Meaning if you want a team of five you need to have five shantys in the town. A local "tap house" gives the player an extra re roll on morale tests. As a fun side note - this will make it possible for you and your girlfriend to build a shanty town together. And it can be used for ordinary rpg-ing if that is your thing.

These are just some quick ideas that I scribbled down as they popped up. If you are interested in developing them just say so.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:59:05 AM by Machinegunkelly »

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: Map based campaign for TNT..... Need some ideas!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »
The stuff from Twohourswargames is very interesting. The guy made a good system for campaigns. Maybe it could help you.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/