Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Dragon Rampant - Undead Warband  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Happymcclap

• Librarian
    • my blog
15mm Dragon Rampant - Undead Warband
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:59 PM »
I have recently finished my first Dragon Rampant warband, I'm thinking of adding more just cause they're great fun to paint:

a load more pics on my blog: https://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/15mm-fantasyi-undead.html

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 15mm Dragon Rampant - Undead Warband
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »
They look great! Who makes them? One thing thou, you might have to blank out some of those shield designs on this forum
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:41:55 PM by majorsmith »

Offline Happymcclap

• Librarian
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
The mini's are from Ral Parthas Demonworld range, the shield designed nevered crossed my mind as being inappropriate, they are simply triskele's from the Skaven Blood Bowl team transfer sheet

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
Ooh, they are very nice. You have done a great job there.  :-*

With regards the shield design - if it's OK for the Isle of Man to use a triskelion on their flag it should be OK for the forum?
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 07:21:56 AM »
The forum is german based and germany has very strict laws, the forum policy is explained here:http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9125.0
This might be OK, as the triskelion isnt in a nazi connection, but I'd err on the side of caution.

Apart from all that, thats some lovely minies with very nice paint jobs. Are they Ral Patha?

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:21:32 AM »
I took this off Wikipedia

The triskele (or triskelion) is an ancient symbol originating in pre-Christian Europe. The symbol consists of three curved or jointed segments spiraling from a common center. One version of the triskele, with three human legs, has been used in the coat of arms for the Isle of Man and the Kingdom of Naples. An abstracted triskele appears on the seal of the United States Department of Transportation. The triskele appears in many different variations, from a form that looks like a three-pointed swastika to forms that employ curved lines and curlicues. What they share are three segments emanating from a single central point.
The triskele was one of many ancient European symbols appropriated by the Nazis. Following World War II, the triskele became a significant hate symbol, largely because of its use by the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB), a South African white supremacist group that formed in the 1970s. The AWB used a flag similar to the Nazi flag but which replaced the swastika with a triskele that resembled three interlocking sevens.
Because of the AWB usage, it is this "three sevens" version of the triskele that is most commonly associated with white supremacy. It is a common type of white supremacist tattoo and appears in places such as the logo for the racist skinhead group Blood & Honour.