Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685058
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More upcoming Mutiny releases from Iron Duke  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
More upcoming Mutiny releases from Iron Duke
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »
Loads more minis over on their Facebook site before they are off to the casters,Sikh Sepoys,shown below, and Gwalior command are my favourites,hopeless at linking photos,perhaps other members are more adept :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:28:00 PM by Romark »

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: More upcoming Mutiny releases from Iron Duke
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
Lovely figures, anything to stop me using them as Khalsa for my Sikh Wars collection?

Offline sjwalker51

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »
Hi Jeff

I’m sure if you asked Mike S the question, either on his FB page or the ID website, he’d give you a very detailed reply on how the uniforms differed but, at the end of the day, if they fit your vision of how the Khalsa looked, then just do it!

They’re certainly much more animated/exciting figures than the Studio Miniatures range.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »

They’re certainly much more animated/exciting figures than the Studio Miniatures range.

That's true :)

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:08:27 AM »
Hi Jeff

I’m sure if you asked Mike S the question, either on his FB page or the ID website, he’d give you a very detailed reply on how the uniforms differed but, at the end of the day, if they fit your vision of how the Khalsa looked, then just do it!

Hi Simon,
I can't see much difference between them and the Perrys Khalsa other than these are more characterful.
But why replace an existing collection when I can just add to a new collection lol.
The stuff from ID just keeps getting better, I hope there's a lot more to come :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
Did the Khalsa rank-and-file have epaulettes and the little bits of strap across the shoulder that connects to them? (sorry, don't know the name for that thing.)

In illustrations they always seem to have completely bare shoulders. So a tiny bit of fixing might be in order if you are stickler for such things.

Also, in depictions the smaller kind of turban with a "bun" on the top (similar to, or possibly the same thing as the modern patka that is worn by Sikhs when the play sport, and by young boys) seems much more prevalent than this style. But that's probably being over-fussy.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 09:49:43 AM »
I think you are right on both counts Plynkes, I keep having these ideas of updating my Sikh War stuff with more modern figures but it s to much of a pain.
So I'll stick to expanding the Mutiny stuff and maybe one day if I'm a good boy someone will do another range for the Sikh Wars  :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »
Did the Khalsa rank-and-file have epaulettes and the little bits of strap across the shoulder that connects to them? (sorry, don't know the name for that thing.)

In illustrations they always seem to have completely bare shoulders. So a tiny bit of fixing might be in order if you are stickler for such things.

Also, in depictions the smaller kind of turban with a "bun" on the top (similar to, or possibly the same thing as the modern patka that is worn by Sikhs when the play sport, and by young boys) seems much more prevalent than this style. But that's probably being over-fussy.

Who gives a shit? Reeeealy big turbans are what gets us off in the end, eh?

I have occasionally wondered what made the sikhs wrap their heads tighter over time. By WWII their turbans where but a a shadow of their former selves.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:04:10 PM by Hammers »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
Who gives a shit?

Lots of people. Jeff965 for one.  Can never understand the section of LAF that derides providing knowledge and the exchange of information, and sniffs at it as "button-counting." If someone asks a question on LAF, providing them with the information is helpful. Telling them they don't need the information is, in my opinion, unhelpful, and I would like to discourage it on the Colonial Adventures board. Let them have the information, and decide want they want to do with it themselves.

No one is saying we all have to be button-counters, but that gate swings both ways. I'd appreciate it if those that hate to know how many buttons they have would refrain from discouraging others from counting them, if counting them is something they enjoy.

In summary, whether you are a button-counter or a button-ignorer, the encouraged behaviour is to not be a dick about it, either way. :)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:49:08 PM by Plynkes »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 12:48:18 PM »
Incidentally, H, I'm not all that sure about them getting continuously smaller. The ones from the era of the Sikh wars seem much smaller than ones from the late C19th, and you see all sorts these days, big and small. I think they have just grown and shrunk as fashions changed.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
Lots of people. Jeff965 for one.  Can never understand the section of LAF that derides providing knowledge and the exchange of information, and sniffs at it as "button-counting." If someone asks a question on LAF, providing them with the information is helpful. Telling them they don't need the information is, in my opinion, unhelpful, and I would like to discourage it on the Colonial Adventures board. Let them have the information, and decide want they want to do with it themselves.

No one is saying we all have to be button-counters, but that gate swings both ways. I'd appreciate it if those that hate to know how many buttons they have would refrain from discouraging others from counting them, if counting them is something they enjoy.

In summary, whether you are a button-counter or a button-ignorer, the encouraged behaviour is to not be a dick about it, either way. :)

I was not all that serious, Dylan. Having painted oodles of sikhs I've come to the conclusion that it is all about the turbans for me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:22:06 PM by Hammers »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
Incidentally, H, I'm not all that sure about them getting continuously smaller. The ones from the era of the Sikh wars seem much smaller than ones from the late C19th, and you see all sorts these days, big and small. I think they have just grown and shrunk as fashions changed.

That may be so. In that case I meant that I wonder made them decrese in girth and hight from late 19th century and onward. The afghans seem to have given up on them to completely in favor of the pakol to a rather large degree.

When I was in Morrocco the very manly berber guide who showed us around the kasbah Ait Ben Haddou  told me he had 10 meters of cotton batiste in his turban which made for quite a pile up. It made me feel quite inadequate having a mere 4 meters in mine.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
Apologies, H. I was a bit snappy there. I think annoyance at that issue has been building up slowly inside me and you merely happened to be the unfortunate one in the way when it came out.

I still love you really. :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
Apologies, H. I was a bit snappy there. I think annoyance at that issue has been building up slowly inside me and you merely happened to be the unfortunate one in the way when it came out.

I still love you really. :)

Well, I was admitedly a bit dismissive in my remark. I am all for button counting, really. Sooner than you'll know, you will need it.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »

Don't worry. The pictures shown are from the second (small) set to be released, namely the flank companies which had 'wings' The first set which will be out soonish, has the plain uniforms. The 'regular' sepoys are already out,  the Sikh ones will follow next month. And then the regulars and Sikh flank companies will be added.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done