Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Oathmark elves revealed! Plastics pics p. 6!  (Read 16755 times)

Offline Bindonblood

• Librarian
Re: Oathmark elves revealed! Plastics pics p. 6!
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
I really like the helmets. They fit in more with my reading of Tolkien than other styles do.

For me the weakest aspect is the shields. I'd prefer either round or kite shields with no bite marks...

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »
Most of you are probably aware that there is a second Facebook page for Oathmark (the Players Group).  The two facebook pages have some interesting information about what is planned for the range. It seems that cloaks are hard to produce in plastic, so they are considering resin ones as an extra. 
There is also a debate about dwarf cavalry - should such a thing exist, should they be mounted on ponies, goats, or bears......

Offline Loop

• Assistant
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »
I would second that; There’s some really interesting stuff on the ‘Player’s Page’ it’s just unfortunate that it’s locked away on Facebook. I don’t have an Fb account but luckly I do have an understanding girlfriend who linked her account to the page for me.

Just a heads up for Nick at Northstar; We don’t all have Facebook so please don’t forgot about us on the wider web.

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »
Most of you are probably aware that there is a second Facebook page for Oathmark (the Players Group).  The two facebook pages have some interesting information about what is planned for the range. It seems that cloaks are hard to produce in plastic, so they are considering resin ones as an extra. 
There is also a debate about dwarf cavalry - should such a thing exist, should they be mounted on ponies, goats, or bears......

The cloak comment was mine ;)

• Mastermind
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2018, 11:19:38 PM »
The cloak comment was mine ;)

Well done.  Need those cloaks!

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2018, 08:22:23 AM »

Really? GW have had cloaks in a number of plastic sets over the years and my Fireforge Teutonic knights have separate cloaks to that were perfectly serviceable seems odd.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2018, 10:59:19 AM »
Really? GW have had cloaks in a number of plastic sets over the years and my Fireforge Teutonic knights have separate cloaks to that were perfectly serviceable seems odd.

Fireforge's Templar knights have cloaks too. Maybe you need to be a knight to get a cloak.  :D

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2018, 03:52:52 PM »
Maybe it's the kind of cloak they want? Perhaps they're imaging them with long shoulder covering cloaks that wouldn't be feasible on a multi pose figure?
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

• Mastermind
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
I am unsure why cloaks are hard to do.  I did think about getting some from Hoardobits but the Fireforge cloaks seem to be unavailable and of course all the older GW stuff is no longer stocked.

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2018, 04:47:24 AM »
I am unsure why cloaks are hard to do.  I did think about getting some from Hoardobits but the Fireforge cloaks seem to be unavailable and of course all the older GW stuff is no longer stocked.

Buy a box of FF figures. It's worth it for all the extra bits you get, even if you don't want to use the figures.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »
I prefer woodsy-type elves myself, but these are really quite nice for townie elves. I can see them growing on me.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
I hope there will be almost exclusively helmed heads on the sprue. Lack of helms in the Oathmark dwarf set is huge issue for me.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2018, 09:49:52 AM »
I hope Northstar will be selling packs of spare metal heads, both with and without helmets. They have a "ranger" metal upgrade set for their Frostgrave soldiers, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »
I hope Northstar will be selling packs of spare metal heads, both with and without helmets. They have a "ranger" metal upgrade set for their Frostgrave soldiers, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

They’ve said that they intend to release a light infantry box for every race, so I’m not sure that metal add-ons are all that likely at the moment.

Offline adventure_85

• Student
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2018, 12:29:09 PM »
I feel like North star is doing for fantasy what victrix did for 28mm romans.

There are no releases I am more excited about than the up coming elves, humans and female adventures from North star.