Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690963
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Oathmark elves revealed! Plastics pics p. 6!  (Read 16957 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Re: Oathmark elves revealed?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
That's good to know I have a bunch of the old Vendel and with them now out of production I now know where to get reinforcements.

Heard from the owner that more dwarfs are being sculpted including more infantry and more command miniatures. They are also looking great.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
Don't want dwarfses, we wants elfsessss.
Actually, if the dwarves are metal and have the lovely long beards of the other dwarves I am in.

And any news about orc/goblin wolf riders?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:51:59 PM by Ethelred the Almost Ready »

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

They just posted a preview of the elves ( and pics of the humans) and ETA is April for them! Huzzah! https://www.facebook.com/Oathmark/?hc_ref=ARRDq1z25vayqVS1tfl8m9_A043RzDciZarcIUJbifo3DkLAoHHehqAOLybEe1YysF0&fref=nf

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »
These are looking very promising.  I wonder whether they will have adornment for helmets if we wish a more decadent look.  Otherwise the aethetic is good.  Only the archer doesn't quite do it for me.  April seems a long way off!

Edit:
I had another look at the elves.  On second thoughts, the archer looks good, just the angle of the head looks a little off in a couple of the photos.  Something that can easily be fixed.  I hope they come with some completely unnecessary but funky capes and cloaks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:57:47 AM by Ethelred the Almost Ready »

Offline Curis

• Librarian
    • Ninjabread
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:19 AM »
I really like these Oathmark Elves.  They're generic in a way you can take them in whatever direction you want so they're a great starting point.

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2018, 01:51:33 AM »
I like them a lot, though I hope they can adjust the tool so that the mail is more consistent.

Ethelred, they strongly implied in the caption of the metal test elf that the plumes will be optional, and included in the plastic set.

Edit; thought I’d throw the pic up directly:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:52:28 AM by MattW »

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2018, 05:15:07 AM »
Matt, I did see that, but I would still like a few things other than feathers, but I think I could attempt those in greenstuff or get some bits and pieces from Hoard-o-Bits.  Need a spike (Ecthelion of the fountain) and maybe a selection of wing-like adornments (as much as I don't like the GW elves, I still think elves were flashy bastards who liked to show off).   Still, they are damned good miniatures. 

Their humans are interesting as well.  They look completely plausible but also retain a fantasy look.  Oathmark is certainly going to give the more traditional fantasy massed combat miniatures manufacturers a run for their money.

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2018, 06:20:35 AM »
Matt, I did see that, but I would still like a few things other than feathers, but I think I could attempt those in greenstuff or get some bits and pieces from Hoard-o-Bits.  Need a spike (Ecthelion of the fountain) and maybe a selection of wing-like adornments (as much as I don't like the GW elves, I still think elves were flashy bastards who liked to show off).   Still, they are damned good miniatures. 

Their humans are interesting as well.  They look completely plausible but also retain a fantasy look.  Oathmark is certainly going to give the more traditional fantasy massed combat miniatures manufacturers a run for their money.

I'm really hoping that they include helmet-wings for their humans- I'd like something Asterix-esque, but slightly more realistic in texture? It's unfortunate that Renedra don't seem to be able to squeeze as much out of a sprue as GW manages to these days (not sure if that's financial or technical though), I'm sure that's one of the limits on variety. Maybe we'll get a metal hero with a large-spiked helm?

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2018, 08:16:55 AM »
Placing a kite-form crest/ornament instead of a plume you'll have a dark elf.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Oathmark elves revealed! Plastics pics p. 6!
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
I like the dwarves, goblins, and humans (probably), but the elves just don't work for me... they are very generic and ungraceful imho.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
I really like these models, especially the archer looks really good. It will be interesting to see the ration of bare heads/helmets on the sprue.

I might shop around for some other shields though, either round shields or smaller kite shields.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »
I like the Elves "okay".  Nothing special, but I do appreciate that they're different than a lot of the others (and variety is always excellent).  If we were to have more GW-looking elves...then you'd just buy GW elves.

I won't be buying these, but I'm anxious to see proper Orcs (the one gap missing notably in my dungeon crawl collection).
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
It's unfortunate that Renedra don't seem to be able to squeeze as much out of a sprue as GW manages to these days (not sure if that's financial or technical though)

Most likely both. Renedra are generally working within the budget of their customers, where gw own all their production facilities and can afford the risk of technical experimentation and hardware upgrades.

Mind you, I don't think anyone is really on the same level as gw when it comes to plastics, from a technical standpoint.

I really like the human model they showed. It's grounded and yet not tied to any period. Could be post roman, medieval, ancient, or high fantasy all at once.

They'll make great men of the first age next to the elves, and I can see them making their way into ALOT of peoples projects, from Rome to westeros.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »
I am more and more impressed by the Oathmark line to be honest. They are really hitting the mark when it comes to Tolkienesque miniatures and I really like their products so far.

I am slowly assembling my own take on the fellowship of the ring, sourcing each character from any range I can find, as long as they match my vision (a vision heavily influenced by the ICE RPG artwork, Tolkien's own drawings and several other artists such as Angus McBride).

And the Oathmark plastic ranges so far have all been very close to this. The elves especially have been troublesome to find the right miniatures for, but these seem to be (almost) on the mark indeed.

And the human looks very promissing too! Here's to hoping the elves and humans will be close in size to the Frostgrave plastics... ;)

Good stuff! 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2018, 09:22:59 PM »
I like the Elves the most out of the ranges they've released so far. Building an elf army, if you don't like GW elves, isn't that easy. There is the old Grenadier/Copplestone Elves knocking around but they are quite GW like and Ral Partha Europe has some nice ones but other than that other ranges are small/not that good/expensive or Mantic  :P.

These look really good to me and being plastic means I could probably afford a decent sized army.