Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Miniatures North American Farmhouse  (Read 9048 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Perry Miniatures North American Farmhouse
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
Yes, well, people should really start to understand that 28mm is not 1/56th scale in anything but height, so that if they want their stuff to look right, they have to make it a bit bigger to accomodate for the minis' extra bulk.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »
I also think the building was built for large battle gaming in 28mm, where most buildings used have a smaller ground scale so they don't clutter the table. 
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
Really interesting. Do you know some good manufactorers for 40mm buildings? Looking for japanese, old west and www2-stuff...

Sash and Saber have some 40mm adobe buildings in the Alamo range and some 40mm log buildings and a blockhouse in their F&I range. I believe Chris' group uses a range of "large" 28mm buildings (mainly Architectural Heritage) for his 40mm AWI and napoleonic convention games. It looks fine for battles, but might look a bit odd for skirmish (if you want to move in and shoot out the windows for example).

Offline stuzzar

• Student
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
I have one of these as yet unbuilt but I did prop a Perry Miniatures ACW Infantryman against the front wall and it looks fine scale wise, I did take a picture but have not been able to upload it as yet, will try tonight.

It is also worth noting that the building actually used by General Meade as an HQ was in fact a two storey building (see plans linked to in Archangel1's post above) whereas the Perry Miniatures kit is only a single storey dwelling.

Cheers

Stu

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »
I have one of these as yet unbuilt but I did prop a Perry Miniatures ACW Infantryman against the front wall and it looks fine scale wise, I did take a picture but have not been able to upload it as yet, will try tonight.

It is also worth noting that the building actually used by General Meade as an HQ was in fact a two storey building (see plans linked to in Archangel1's post above) whereas the Perry Miniatures kit is only a single storey dwelling.

Cheers

Stu

As long as the doors and windows look right next to Perry figures that's the main thing. The actual dimensions of the building aren't a problem, so long as the scale is right. Looking forward to seeing the pic  :)

Offline stuzzar

• Student
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »
Good to see this forum back in action, here is the picture that I mentioned earlier, not the greatest shot but it will give a rough idea of scale.

The chap is minus his hat at the moment, will take some more pictures when I get around to assembling it although not sure when that will be.

Cheers

Stu

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 08:04:27 AM »
The scale looks fine to me. Thanks  :)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »

Maybe there will be an extension kit if this one is popular.....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)