Forum > Workbench

Scale-o-matic TM

<< < (3/10) > >>

Glitzer:
Have you got any Ideas about how to tag your Photoes yet? Unsearchable Databases are pretty useless once they become really big. The Tags used in Reapers Figurefinder would be a good point to start from, but we need additional info, such as manufacturer(s).

While online picture bases such as photobucket might not allow for such a detailed tagging an extrenal list with the URL of the photos would. This can be done using something as simple as an Exxel sheet or as sophisticated as a complex Oracle database. As you want everyone to participate I'd reccomend an Exxel list as nearly everyone can do that without to much learning.

Another Question: Your grid doesn't start at level zero, but slightly above. How much is that? I'd assume 3mm

Wirelizard:

--- Quote from: Glitzer on June 12, 2009, 09:39:29 AM ---While online picture bases such as photobucket might not allow for such a detailed tagging an extrenal list with the URL of the photos would.

--- End quote ---

Flickr supports tagging and searching by tags. Imageshack has some sort of tagging system, but I've never used it.

A "Scale-o-matic" group on Flickr would actually be a cool way to organize something like this, combined with some system of mostly-standardized tags.

Glitzer:

--- Quote from: Wirelizard on June 12, 2009, 09:47:28 AM ---A "Scale-o-matic" group on Flickr would actually be a cool way to organize something like this, combined with some system of mostly-standardized tags.

--- End quote ---
That would be project I'd gladly join. Unfortunatly I'll not be available for the next month due to exams.

The problems arise with special tags

Someone searching for "handgun" should recieve all results for "pistol" and "revolver" as well. So either we use some formal tagging rules that tell us to set the "handgun"-tag wehenever also set a tag for a subclass, or we let some software do it for us. First option is less effort, but once we decided what tags to use we won't be able to change our tagging rules without having to rework all previously posted images. So one of the first tasks of such a group would be be to define the tags. I'd be glad if we could get some help from a librarian in asissting us in said task.

Christian:
Glitzer: It doesn't have to start at zero, as the miniature is only measure from the feet up. So, if the feet are lined up at the bottom of the grid, that's your zero.

In terms of a search function, I was just planning on going by manufacturer. I'm going to update the first post with some images taken from LAF that compare several manufacturers.

Then, one could simply use the browsers search function to get an idea of the scale of those figures.

It's great to see some additional input!

EDIT: And many thanks to those of you who have provided scale shots in the past, hope you don't mind me using them!

Christian:
So... too many pictures? Bandwidth?

Would a link be better?

Individual miniatures will be photographed soon... and I have collected several more images form the forum also.

Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version