Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Show me your crisis haul!  (Read 698 times)

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
Show me your crisis haul!
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »
Hey all!

Went to crisis today. Seemed less crowded than last year, but still quite some traffic. Only thing that bothered me a bit was the amount of 'resellers'. Lots of stands with bolt action, fllames of war etc..

Normally the balance between reseller/manufaturer is good, but this year it looked like a bit more towards resellers. Personal preference of course, just something i noticed. And i play bolt action so nothing against it! I just ordered mine directly from warlord games for pick up! naturally, in the second hall there was a stand with all warlord games stuff at -50%  ;D ;D ;D

Got a good haul this year (again  lol ):

First off, the TSA limited edition set to go with the show miniature, Tijl Uilenspiegel. Very nicely presented in a nice box! The mdf bases were ones i had lying around, will have to search for some thinner ones to make the display base nice and flat.

bolt action stuff and freebie prussian landwehr from the goodie bags (my wife came with me so two goodie bags  :D )
got me more marines and japanese+ a 81 mm mortar for each + some more bolt action dice to go with the ones from the starter box. (have been using coloured beads up untill now because i didn't have enough)

Also got some of their nice walls

stopped long enough at the Perry stand for some imperial guard commanders (needed Friant for my grenadiers), and for the wellington blister/box (needed this one for Picton specifically, but the other two are welcome additions).In my haste i forgot to look for Napoleon on horseback  >:(

My latest project are some papercraft ships that i want to use for some pirate gaming (with flashing steel by ganesha games). So about half of my crisis budget went to piraty things!

sarissa jetty set (and some bases)

Bunch of ship cannons from thomarillion (very nice and very good price!)

And last but not least a sizeable black scorpion order i had placed for pick up at the show.

Have been looking at these for a bit now and these are VERY clean sculpts, and very decent casting. Was a bit sceptical at first because i don't like resin that much, but after seeing these in the flesh i have to give a BIG shoutout to Black Scorpion, some of the best models i have seen in my years!!!!

And thanks for the freebie goblin captain!!

some of the sculpts

Love the guy swinging the axe!

All in all a good day out, and very happy with my purchases!

Thanks to the guys of the Tin Soldiers for another nice show, and will see you next year!

Don't hesitate to share your haul here as well!!!!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:01:13 PM by petercooman123 »