Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Thug, Thief, Treasure Hunter - Newby Question  (Read 2997 times)

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
Re: Thug, Thief, Treasure Hunter - Newby Question
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 06:56:39 AM »
Something else that just dawned on me! Obviously, what wizard you take has everything to do with what will work best for your starting warband..... especially what spells you get/take... I lean toward the enchanter because I like the "Father Christmas" look of the miniature.... and, very obviously..... the enchanter is geared more toward a fight-type war band..... that said.... I usually lean toward fighter type members and also include at minimum a thief for the move...

I am working on a soothsayer list

Offline Murawski1812

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
Soothsayer is a tough one to run I think. Very cool as it is about buffing yourself while kind of de-buffing your enemies. It meshes well with all of the other spell lists I think, especially because of wizard eye. Like all of the schools though.... there can be really lethal combos created with the possibilities/choices.

As for war band members, I guess I would step back and look at my starting spells and see how I chose/got them.... fight heavy or sniping... The Soothsayer is one wizard who can go in any direction.

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:15 AM »
Usually "move" and "fight" are the most important stats in the game for the gang-members ... and imho in that sequence.

In addition an expensive fighter has not nessessarily the same increase in stats, so a cheaper one might do the trick, too. And if that unskillfull jerk (I knew that worthless moron couldn't pull that stunt, damn) gets himself killed, he is far cheaper to replace ... so if in doubt, get the thief!
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
Quantity over quality for a starting warband. Once you start earning money (by getting the treasure) you can replace your weaker soldiers with better quality ones.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"