Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Alone in the Crypt  (Read 1076 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
Alone in the Crypt
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:45:14 AM »
Has anyone tried out the Alone in the Crypt scenario that uses an alone Captain? I'm looking to fit that into an existing campaign, but looking for ideas how?

I was considering to go with, every time some one wants to hire a captain, they make on up, and run through the scenario. If they are successful, the Captain (plus anything they've been able to get from the scenario) are available to be hired. But this might over power a captain that starts with a load of new gear. Any thoughts?

Offline giles the zog

• Scientist
    • The Lost City of Carcosa
Re: Alone in the Crypt
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
I would not do that, as it would make Captains over-powerful.

Instead, I'd suggest that a player hiring a Captain may choose to do that scenario, but if the Captain dies, they forfeit the hiring fee to boot.

It does remind me of the Traveller PC generation system.
Wandering stars, for whom is reserved, the blackness, the darkness forever.

https://thelostcityofcarcosa.com

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »
The only problem with using it in a campaign is the Quiver of the Huntsman is a VERY powerful magical item.  I would just say that at the end of the scenario, they lose any gear given to them by the scenario, and regain their original gear.

It might be fun to play this scenario the first time a captain is 'killed' - and use this as a chance for them to cheat death and return to the warband.

Offline Severon

• Student
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »
I've played the scenario twice, using my lvl 2 captain. First time i lost due to a zombie troll flattening my captain.
Because i wanted to know what was possible i just played it again.
You can beat the scenario without using the magic arrows, it is a bit harder then but possible.

The quiver itself isn't that powerfull because, filling it will cost you either lots of gold or some games just casting "Enchant Weapon" and "Embedd Enchantment".
But with the scenario loadout of magical arrows to start with, it is very powerfull.

I would say use it like Joe suggested and at remove all the magical arrows after the game.
Or maybe they can choose to either regain their normal gear or take the stuff from the crypt (without the arrows).