Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Foundry 2000AD figures being discontinued  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Foundry 2000AD figures being discontinued
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »
I just bought a few little bits and pieces and the 'Young Slaine' model came through without an axe head. When I contacted Foundry they said, for some odd reason, the model doesn't have one (despite the painted example on the site having one)! They said they're getting together a separately sculpted axe head to send out to all the customers who want one, but I think I'll make my own!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
BTW I thought Warlord Games were producing models for the Mongoose Judge Dredd game but I couldn't find anything JD/2000AD related on the Warlord or Mongoose websites. I'm curious what will happen with the licence.
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:49 PM »
I just bought a few little bits and pieces and the 'Young Slaine' model came through without an axe head. When I contacted Foundry they said, for some odd reason, the model doesn't have one (despite the painted example on the site having one)! They said they're getting together a separately sculpted axe head to send out to all the customers who want one, but I think I'll make my own!

I bought "Young Slaine" a few years ago and it was the same, no axeblade.
Never knew that there should be one  ;)

Not sure if the painted example is a conversion  :?

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »
BTW I thought Warlord Games were producing models for the Mongoose Judge Dredd game but I couldn't find anything JD/2000AD related on the Warlord or Mongoose websites. I'm curious what will happen with the licence.

Yes, Warlord have picked up the license, but they haven't yet started to produce anything for it. There were rumours of them doing either Strontium Dog or Rogue Trooper before relaunching anything Dredd related anyway.

I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with, even though I really don't need any more judges.

I also got the Don Uggie figure, which seems to have been on release for just a couple of months. Plus Max Bubba, Ukko the Dwarf, Toby the robodog, Nemesis and the Skullsword from Slaine. Hopefully, along with the already huge pile of unpainted 2000AD figures I have stashed away, that should keep me ticking over till Warlord get their act together.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »
I got the lot 😉

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »
Not sure if the painted example is a conversion  :?

Yeah, apparently the painters have had to make their own! A very odd state of affairs that - I think I'd have liked to have it stated on the site that what you see is not what you get. It might not have put me off buying it, but the error (whoever made the error in the first place) really should have been corrected, or at least stated up front. Fair play that Foundry were willing to provide me with a replacement part, so I don't have a complaint to make ... it's just kind of ... odd.