Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: CORE SPACE - a Boardgame Kickstarter (with minis and terrain)  (Read 1166 times)

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
CORE SPACE - a Boardgame Kickstarter (with minis and terrain)
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »
Having missed the previous Battle Systems terrain kickstarter campaigns I saw this and lost control of the wallet straight away

Terrain, Minis, a game and hopefully lots of stretch goals to be broken - looks promising

Campaign is here if you are interested

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/core-space

No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: CORE SPACE - a Boardgame Kickstarter (with minis and terrain)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:27:25 PM »
The miniatures and scenery look fantastic. In it for the regular pledge...for now...
It feels a bit gimmicky with the rush for items, the ruler should be replaced for moving in squares and I preferred an actual coop game but we'll see where it goes!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »
I'm super excited about this and I had no hesitation in backing it. The figures look nice but what really interests me is the scenery, especially as it is compatible with their recent Sci-Fi 2 terrain sets.

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 07:23:29 AM »
I like the ideas but why if it is a skirmish game do the purge have so few different model sculpts, would love to see all of them different sculpts. The other thing is the size of the minis not sure I want to keep creeping in size. But on the other hand I love the fact that the minis have real life proportions, so the humans are not stocky oversized blobs.
As to the terrain yes fantastic but I got the first edition Scifi terrain and now they dont make it any more as they seem to be focused on Kickstarter productions so every time the print run is gone they seem to kickstart a new type of terrain that is not really compatible.

And please make terrain sheets with generic stuff so those of use that might not have their latest Scifi II set, can use. Like a sheet of crates and misc scatter terrain. I am sure lots of people who play sci fi would love to get some that stuff but will not buy into their latest “system”.

Now to the game it looks interesting but very limiting so if they dont back it up and move on to something else it will just be a standalone game with only what you get in this kickstarter. So again hesitant to jump in. Some of the ideas are really fun the idea of the purge coming in randomly and in increasing strength is really good. Some missing elements that always bother me is no opportunity fire so it is you go I go then the purge go etc too gamey and with so many interesting designs out there with ways to get  around this in other games why such a simple solution?

Also the campaign game looks great but am I willing to buy into lots of games to increase my crews abilities and keep my ship alive (which I think is actually a great idea by its self). This is the key is there enough depth to the game play to allow multiple plays, it might be but I will hold off to see what they add to the kickstarter. But I am not going to hold my breath to see if they add to the system after the kickstarter is done!

So for me it looks interesting, I like the ideas but am looking for something that will be more than just a board game with miniatures. Something with depth and allows me to add figures and aliens. Right now with the way the figure panels are set up it will be hard to create new crew etc.

William

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »
I backed their SFII stuff (which I still haven't unpacked), so don't need any more scenery. The figures look nice, but without an option to buy only the figures and rules, I'm going to pass on this one  :(