Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Reworking an old Empire war altar.( TSG's Workbench.)  (Read 90316 times)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Mark,

Incredible job on that sculpt!  I'd been waiting months for a German friend of my wife's to finish reading and translating the book that illustration came from before posting that and a handful of other Afghan flag themed images from the same book.  Finally I broke down and felt I had to post my "Afghan Flags" article to christen my new site on this year's Maiwand Day, despite still not having a complete English language translation on-hand.  Because it inspired your amazing sculpt I'm very happy I posted it when I did!  I don't know if you're sculpting it for your own private use or if you have plans to make it available for sale, but I would really love to have the chance to purchase a casting of that Jihad-preaching Mullah on his mule.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 11:15:31 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Thank you one and all.
But..
It's just a musing nothing more. As it stands it's simply not worth casting .It has no context ,and doesn't easily fit with my existing ranges.
It would take quite some time to fit in enough context figures to make a mould economicial.
It's been offered to one of those who PM'd who's in the middle of a project .he may be able to get it cast in context with his commission.I've not heard back yet .If that doesn't happen I'll plonk it in the 'one day pile' until I can fit it into a project.( I do have an inclination for a small BOB/Pulp run of figures if the earlier offer falls through)
Right now I'm off to cut the grass whilst the jig for a moped ,a sombrero , and the dolly for a 15mm 'seamstress' dries.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Right I'm Pm'd out. lol
Since it seems I'm not going to get any peace .Its going off to 1st Corps as Simon and Mick said they'll give it some  mould space for you lot.

Which is fine and dandy. Since I've been scratching my head trying how to fit it into the Follies range (It won't) I've even gone as far as musing foot pose.
To start some cultist for the Follies. Just so I could get a Mullah figure in to the range.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
 8)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Wow, I for one certainly hope you do finish that version of the Mad Mullah on foot!  The only question in my mind is whether one of his hands will be holding that same awesomely ragged banner, or perhaps a Koran, or a Tulwar or Khyber knife... or just both empty hands spread for delivery of a fiery denunciation of the Ferenghi?!

As a long-time gamer of the NWF and Second Afghan War, I think I have every 25mm and/or 28mm "Mad Mullah" type figure in existence, but I believe all of them began life as Arab Conquest, Crusades, Reconquista, Eastern Renaissance, or Fantasy figures, rather than being created to serve as 19th or early 20th Century Afghan or North-West Frontier types.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
or even multiple separate hands for all such eventualities!
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nooo, not separate hands! Several different versions with the appropriate parts!
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
I can see him stirring up trouble in the Khyber Pass.

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
Maybe the model is finished, and the Mad Mullah has just been jury-rigging too many IEDs.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Here's a little progress .
Ive still a couple of context Pulp/ BoB figures to do for this. Simply because it offends my sensibilities to stick alone figure in the mould .
I've an inkling that it'll involve a monowheel at some point and a couple of motorcycles. ;D

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
Brilliant figure, with loads of character. I'd love to get a set.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tin sheds workbench,.( Roundhouse test sculpt.)
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2021, 02:57:42 PM »
Totally neglected my workbench thread ( reminded by the more than 120 day header)As the majority of last year's work was either not relevant to my workbench thread or simply ended up on other threads.
Just to breath some life into it. Here's a quick over Christmas. Musing on a two pieces round house. The choice of thatching style is simply the 'teapot' lid. Purely for the ergonomic ease , rather than a historic thatch. As there's several different historical methods to close a roof ( including this one.
I'll be knocking up a couple more varriants as soon as I can fit them in.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
 That is very nice work.
 Reminds me of the Snapdragon resin.

Online gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2021, 05:21:27 PM »
Cool looking build :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2021, 01:19:55 AM »
I don't recall anything much about Snap Dragon stuff other than seeing resin trees and hedge rows at a show many moons ago.
It's probably because it's made from super sculpy it gives it that 'bubble gum' look.

I'm in total butterfly mode this evening . Had Akira on in the background whislt working today.
So Ive spent the even on the start of Kanedas motorcycle. No reason other than to see if this type of clay would play ball.with such a subject matter.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:24:14 AM by tin shed gamer »