Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1920's Match seller sculpt .( TSG's Workbench.)  (Read 88808 times)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tin sheds workbench,. (15/03)
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2021, 02:49:34 PM »
Can I suggest that they should make those AA fittings (& crew) available separately? Very useful.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Tin sheds workbench,.
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2021, 03:18:09 AM »
Fantastic work Mark!  :o I assume that'll be available for Homefront at some point?

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2021, 05:02:55 PM »
Yep it will be. I'm still waiting on the Beaverette and Tilly castings from Simom and Mick.
Over on the Frostgrave board. I've just finished 21 characters from Guard's Guard's and the Watch. I didn't post them here originally as it started out as a personal Frostgrave project. Now they've gone off to be cast and live at Sally 4th. The project will still go ahead just with at least 60% metal figures ratger than the original idea of 100% one off sculpts.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2021, 05:14:27 PM »
Which sort of brings me on two a question I've been asked quite a lot lately.Do you paint your one off sculpts?
Yes is the short answer.
Otherwise it's only  half a job. Plus painting what you make is probably the best advice I could give .As it let's you really see what you've actually made.Not what you think you've made.
The samurai is coming upto twenty year's old. The chunky Captain America is nearly as old as was made for my son's sausage fingers when he was Seven( he's now 23.)
The Adventurer on a motorcycle.Is some where around six or seven year's old( I think.) It was inspired by a photo of a real character on a Back of Beyond thread.It was one I was nagged and nagged about in the end I made another very similar one which is in the Follies range( rifle is held in the other hand.)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2021, 05:31:26 PM »
Over on the Guard's Guard's thread I've been asked several times what do I sculpt in?( twice in the thread and four PM's)
Rather than answer on the thread and derail it.I thought I'd answer it here.Then if it comes up again. I can point people in the direction of my workbench thread.

It's a simple answer .It depends on what I'm making and who I'm making it for.
As certain companies have a preference of clay depending on their moulding materials and preferences.
For personal project I just pick up what ever I've got the most of going spare.
If I had to pick one and only one clay to use .Then it'd be Procreate. It's not the easiest to work with as it can be quite low tack( always dropping small pieces of clay when I trie to add them to a sculpt.) But it's definitely my favorite despite it being a little awkward.
Anyway here a few pictures of sculpts and builds using different materials and clays.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #275 on: April 01, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »
Plus a couple more that wouldn't fit in the first post.

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2021, 01:47:04 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:23:56 AM by Clach Umha »
Getting excited & making jokes about dropping Nepalm on little Asian Children in a Viet' village doesn't make it ok just because 'it's wargaming & not real'. You wanker scum need to look again at the real photographic horror of such chemical weapons. Seriously Disgusting mind set amongst some you.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2021, 04:34:56 AM »
WOW!  :o To all of it!!

I recognize that big ol' walrus from Sally 4th.  :D Was that elephant ever released?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:58:57 AM by Bravo Six »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2021, 08:57:59 PM »
It's certainly a big Walrus .But it's scaled on the biggest Walrus ever reported.( There's no visual drama if your facing a mediocre monster.)
As for elephants I've made more than I can remember( literally) There's at least a dozen different elephants including dead ones in the 1st Corp ranges. I made two different variants of each type of elephant and species. Then went back again and made slightly smaller version.
So yes its most definitely a cast model.
(It was amusing from this side of the fence. As the first one's released caused panic and I spent a whole year hearing companies grumble about them .Then come over to the 1st Corps stand before a show opened sneak a look.Then they'd go home and rework their elephants.
The 'Tap dancing' raised foot pose was me. Now you can't move for tap dancing elephants. lol Its taken a few years but everyone's making then now and pretending its a new idea. ::))
The Judge Dredd on a bike was given to 'AndyM' for his absolutely stunning Judge Dredd project. Thats on the forum and Is in the Judge Dredd issue of Wargames Illustrated.
Andy had made a couple of judge bikes.But they were fighting back. So I offered to come up with a simplified version he could use as a template.
He actually painted this one up and it ended up being used in the magazine photo shoot(which was kind of nice to see.)
I came up with a simple conversion of GW plastic spacemarine bikes and plastic imperial guard. The front judge is a conversion of the judge Minty figure which Dag's kindly sent me( if you haven't seen Judge Minty its on YouTube . ;))
The others are imperial guards.Its such a simple conversion that anyone could make them even if you'd never converted a figure or used Greenstuff before

I'd be more than happy to take a look at the Akira image's .As that bike was knocked out and painted in a day.( it was given to a friend's son who's a big anime fan.) If I find the time I want to revisit Canada's bike as that one is totally off ( the windshield is too short and too shallow for a start. But that's what's you get when you don't take the time to look up.)

If your intrested in what little planning I actually do as nine times of ten I just make stuff straight out my bonce.There's a thread on the Workbench I did which is made up of sketches from my notebooks. That I do in meetings or just as prompts for later if I decided to make them.I think there's even a couple of sketches of the elephants that were talked through in the briefing.
I can never get a link to work so you'll have go rooting if your interested. The threads got stuff like this on it.

Mark

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
Had another look at the 1st Corp site and found the elephants. I just HAVE TO have those. I'm sure I can work those into a VBCW scenario. Escaped elephants from the circus.  lol

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2021, 06:04:55 AM »
This is one of my favourite threads ever. Genius at work, I remember the cardboard artillery piece which is mind blowing, I appreciate your kind advice when I cobbled together an 18pdr!
Please do add more to this when you have time its all fascinating.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:00 AM »
I totally agree Carl. I'm a huge fanboy of the TSG and love all the eye candy.  :-*

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2021, 09:11:49 AM »
Steady on. lol
I've sneaked an hour or so this morning to start reworking my cardboard castle.As I have a cunning new plan. I've been inspired to take another look at it. As it's been recently inquired after on my fantasy 'stuff' thread. I really do work off a lap tray sat in the front room . For most of my personal project's.As I'm not supposed to be in my workshop when.Im not working.Plus it's a pain to heat and it's hardly worth it for an hours fiddling.
I also ran Down Andy's Mega City One thread.( Still brilliant)
Here's how he tackled the judge bike.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2021, 10:07:57 PM »
WOW!  :o

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2021, 10:42:30 AM »
That bike still takes pride front and centre of my display cabinet! :-* :-* :-*

I hadn't seen the Akira bike before! Thats a corker!  8) 8) 8)