Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1920's Match seller sculpt .( TSG's Workbench.)  (Read 88759 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A difficulty with Dwarves (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #420 on: July 04, 2022, 10:56:35 AM »
I have to confess Matts observation has made me go back and tweak a few subtle areas .
I've thinned the volume of the beard opened the neck up a little more by changing the plate carrier neck to a'V' shape and reducing the capes attachment point on the left shoulder.
Then reduced the width of the abdominal plates.
It's lessened the chunky top half feel. When viewed from that angle.

As for the dwarves, I've been greenlighted to expand them to a full set including a command. Providing I add a shield with a flagon design to the group along with a backpack carrying a crossbow.
So they'll be more to come.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
Love the dwarfs  :-* :-* :-*
Not sure about the long bow, should it not be a short-bow :D :D

Online pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #422 on: July 05, 2022, 04:14:08 PM »
There's great character in those dwarves - love 'em.

To paraphrase the thread's current title

" A Difficulty of Dwarves " should be adopted as the collective noun for groups of the little guys.

Just sounds right.
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #423 on: July 05, 2022, 05:29:53 PM »
Ah to you and me it's a short bow. But to the short it's a long bow. lol
A Difficulty of Dwarves may sound right.Unless of course your,Craig Shaw Gardener.
It was more of a nod than a statement   ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:33:33 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #424 on: August 21, 2022, 08:32:25 PM »
Mark, it's been a while since you posted an updates. Are you able to share any more WIPs? Is there anything in the pipe for the Follies range?

Enquiring minds want to know.  :D

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Dwarves 22/09 (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:48 AM »
Unfortunately there's not a lot I can share. As lost July entirely to Covid then the first weeks of August was a bit of a chore due to Covid fatigue ( I could do the garden walk for miles and only be a normal kind of tired . Siting and sculpting left me completely knackered after half an hour. ) Back on my tool's and catching up with the back log.

Here's a few of the additional Dwarves I'd manage to make.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #426 on: September 22, 2022, 09:34:47 AM »
Oh.. I have no use for dwarves, but those are very appealing, especially the chieftain on the shield.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2022, 11:42:37 PM »
Agree with Shahbahraz Mark. Shitty to hear you had COVID and it impeded the creative process. Hang in there.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2022, 12:38:04 PM »
I'm glad you like them. They're all bagged up ready to go to their new home.
In total  I've made six troopers without hand's, all are built to have a backpack/ rucksack ( four made.) Six right hands ,and six left hands ( including three shields with built in hands). Then a separate set of a bow,quiver,and open right hand. So they can all be made as archers. Which means they six basic bodies can built in several hundred ways without repetition.
Then a three figure command The leader/ hero has not got hands so he can be finished in the same manner as the basic troopers.,
The standard bearer with two standard options,and a musician (drummer) with no right-hand.
A wizard and of course the chieftain on the shield. So I think thaty probably enough for a test set.
Next more American civil war.🙄

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2022, 06:32:37 PM »
Lovely sculpts! I wish I collected dwarves.
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2022, 10:43:41 AM »
I do collect dwarfs  :'( :-* :-* :-*
Who is going to sell these
Love the beer mug standard

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
They'll be off to Alex at Pig Iron miniatures.( As soon as he's back from his travels,and of course postal strikes are over Massive back log of parcels waiting for collection at my post office . So it was tempting fate to add to the pile's knowing he's away at the moment.)
I also made a Dwarf 'troll slayer' variant for the chieftains shield bearers. With the slayer doing a sort of a star jump/ dive from the shield. I thought it might give a little more character to a  unit.Havinh it in the second rank rather than the first. But that's not actually been commissioned. I just got carried away with the ideas for the shield bearers.
As they're off to pig iron. Don't quote me on it but..there's a very good chance the beer mug hands ( right & left versions) along with all the other bits .Will be sold as separate sets to the figures. As it's a norm within his other ranges

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #432 on: October 10, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »
These sculpts are brilliant! Soo much character! 8)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Planes,Trains,and Artic Transport Projects for the new year (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #433 on: December 05, 2022, 09:29:21 PM »
Turns out the reason I've been so knackered ( and forgetful) is I've been merrily wandering around with good dose of inflammation of the lungs . ( COVID it's the gift that keeps on giving  lol)
Lots of waffle about resting up etc which I wasn't listening to Other than after two months of steroids.I'd won they highest inflammation score of the day! ( Apparently it's not a laughing matter. Chronic Asthmatics are supposed to score below 50 and I'm showing them up with a score of 88 )  all that over sharing out of the way. It's the reason I keep forgetting to add stuff to the forum.So I'm not even going to attempt to enter the' Build something competition' assuming there is one . As I've a note from the Mrs.
But I will be using this post as a project ' Header' for the things I ment to make this year. But will make in 2023.

Not in anyway feeling sorry for myself. We've still Fostered and plodded along with work. Being blessed with all the usual Sod's law moment that bounce around to keep life interesting
A Lad we homed when he was a teen came to visit with his partner and children . She promptly had a seizure in the Bathroom pulling the sink from the wall and merrily plonking it through the side of the toilet. ::) Stil had enough puff. To replace the loo and salvage the sink ( totally forgetting to re grout the sink joint though)  Only thing I couldn't figure out is how she took a chunk of enamel out of the inside of the bath .
 So before the Universe notices I'm sitting quietly with a cuppa here's pictures for two of the projects. The others being finishing the castle, trains and  railway lines.Bridges and rivers.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: Planes,Trains,and Artic Transport Projects for the new year (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2022, 12:05:37 AM »
You do lead an intersting life  lol. I am slogging through my latest bought of covid with lovely addition of an infection on the side.
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.