Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1920's Match seller sculpt .( TSG's Workbench.)  (Read 88788 times)

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
Re: Planes,Trains,and Artic Transport Projects for the new year (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2022, 01:14:07 AM »
And here I thought I would not feel the need to buy any new dwarf miniature  :-*

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Planes,Trains,and Artic Transport Projects for the new year (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2022, 09:05:08 AM »
A De Haviland Dragon!  :-*

This was the plane I issued to my player group in my Interbellum pulp RPG campaign back in the day! I searched high and low for a 1/48 kit of the type, but it did not exist at the time.

So I eventually settled on providing them with a Supermarine Walrus (which did have the added advantage of being amphibious, opening up even more possibilities for me as DM ;) )

If you are really planning on creating a Dragon (Rapide), I'd be very interested, as I've always wanted to complete my original 'line-up'...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2022, 01:34:14 PM »
Wow, you do seem to attract more than your share of crazy. Hope you're feeling better now.

That exploration vehicle is the absolute mutts, a gaming piece to rival Gamer Mac's zeppelin.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #438 on: December 09, 2022, 12:17:56 AM »
Lon,
Hope your on the mend. But I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of exotic your supposed to pick up when your Island hopping.
Daeothar,
As for the Dragon I will most definitely be making one or two.  As they're a doddle. Being around 80% the same as the existing template I've used for my other cardboard planes.

Luigi,
I'll be making more fantasy bits and bobs next year. But I honestly don't know when they'll be released ( Dwarves) by Pig Iron. Just keep an eye out for them on their page.

JollyBob,

I bet you've never been stopped by the Police in the middle of the night in the centre of a historic town. Trying to explain your carrying a quarterstaff because you've spent the evening sparing with a Kung Fu studying Electrician who's the student of an old Norwegian man who he believes has taught him an ancient family secret marital art,and has turned the entire ground floor of his home into a Dojo for his students.
Oh the Marrow?  It's a gift from a Druid.
That was my last Monday before lockdown.
 So I'd say it's about average.

I have managed to get things of to a start with the first figure.Though there's no guarantee I'll keep this kind of pace up

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A little bit of sculpting (TSG's Workbench)
« Reply #439 on: December 11, 2022, 09:29:59 PM »
Some of the bits which hopefully will be with Simon,and Mick before Christmas.

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #440 on: December 12, 2022, 01:59:02 AM »
Absolutely fantastic! You definitely have a gift for sculpting!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #441 on: December 12, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
Dunkirk in the bath tub? Very nice.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #442 on: December 12, 2022, 01:45:21 PM »
This thread is packed with brilliant sculpting. Great work with lots of character. 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2022, 12:08:49 AM »
Fabulous work as always Mark  8) 8)

Hope you are on the mend 🤞

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2022, 12:40:55 PM »
I'm glad you all like the bits and bobs as they fall out of the clay . The fourth figure for the Explorers is underway so I'll post a pic of the full set as soon as it's finished.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2022, 08:51:47 PM »
This is as far as I'll get tonight as I'm knackered.But there's enough done to show the premise for the forth figure. It's based on another real person an Inuit who was affectionately known as'Chubby'

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2022, 06:25:51 PM »
All four are ready for basing.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »
Bloody hell Mark, trying to make up for lost time are you?

How did I miss this last week's updates? (answer: My turn for the 'rona, which finally got us after 3 years... not too badly though, guess all those jabs were good for something after all  lol )

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #448 on: December 17, 2022, 12:05:51 PM »
I am indeed  lol
I hope your all looking after yourselves. For me being 'ill' was little more than a high fever for two days and a temp.For a week not Fun as I had to do a three mile school run in a heat wave on foot twice a day for a week. (having COVID in household is no longer a valid reason not to attend school.) It was important as it was a transition week.  I wasn't up to driving so was the only option.
But the worst thing has been the recovery August was a busy totally knackered every day I could walk a couple of miles do a little shopping and be just tired. But try and sit down and actually work .hand eye coordination was way off I was completely knackered after half an hour. So it kind of got in my head a bit. I could graft in the garden , do the normal life stuff . But I couldn't remember what I was doing from one minute to the next when trying to work.
So make sure you give yourselves enough time and credit to recover. I didn't, I just got up and got on. It doesn't work lol

Right back onto the little grey men.

All four are based on real people. The Inuit at the front is 'Chubby' who lived in Nome Alaska, the other Inuit is pure pulp as he's based upon 'Nanook of the North ' it's a character that was suggested to me when I was looking for Ideas to fill the set.
The chap with the bobble hat is, A local gamer Bob ( yes Bob or Bibble) he's been sulking for years that I've not added him to the sculpting list. He's actually a Sami from Norway he works on the oil rigs. That's actually the jacket he's wearing wandering around on the back fields waking his Akita's.
So it'll be a nice Christmas present for him.
 The figure the started it off as a set is Peter Freuchen an explorer who's entire life is Pure Pulp ! ( Have to confess I was sent a link to his bio. I just thought he looked great as a Pulp and VSF character turns out I was right lol)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 12:08:19 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #449 on: December 17, 2022, 12:32:22 PM »
Brilliant sculpting. 👍