Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686612
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Using Mantic Warpath for WWW2  (Read 1621 times)

Offline sissilith

• Student
Using Mantic Warpath for WWW2
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »
Hello All
anyone else got plans to use Warpath Ruleset for Weird World War 2 background?

If so could we compare and contrast notes, I plan on using the 15 mm stuff that I have for  this game?

Cheers

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
Re: Using Mantic Warpath for WWW2
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »
Not a bad idea, what are you thinking of modifying/stripping out to make it fit the setting?

Offline sissilith

• Student
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
Hi

for this I am going to be using the basic Warpath rules but changing the names of the stat lines from the Warpath rules e.g. basic troops will be based on the GCPS types, Partisans will be based on the Plague troops etc. Tanks are the interesting conundrum at the moment. As are the Rocket Launcher types but sharing this with is based on this essential question e.g. will there be any problem if I post stats for the Warpath rules on the internet, e.g. on this or other forums.

The reason for the question is that I have wanted to play 15mm Weird War 2 using miniatures that are already based for Flames of War for a couple or 3 years now. The Warpath rules are looking really good for this and the test game felt really good but I would like to see other players feedback on what i am doing, but it would be a lot easier for me if I could quote the troop names and stats that i am going to use, as opposed to German Team (read as GCPS).

I still plan on using all the VeerMyn that I got from the Kickstarter for 28 mm games but if I could share my ideas with other folks it would make life so much easier

any feedback on this would be appreciated, especially from the Mantic guys

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:57:05 PM by sissilith »

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 03:48:28 AM »
Not that I don't appreciate the idea, but if you're just using the existing rules with different figures, aren't you just playing Warpath? My Warpath armies are all "counts as", but I still call it Firefight.

As to posting the rules, I think you can probably get away with retyping them and changing a few words, but be prepared to take them down quickly.

Offline sissilith

• Student
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »
Hat Guy -- Absolutely, there will be a large percentage of the rules that I will be using that will be Warpath. But then how much of Bolt Action is in the Weird War version aka Konflikt 47? The truth is that with the models that I have in 15mm, it's easier for me to convert to Warpath and to convert Warpath to what I want it to be. At the end of the day, the Warpath rules feel comfortable to me, and I've had some fun with them, so this could be a good compromise/ chance to find that ruleset that for me is the one that I hankered for, for a long time.
I've already started on the additional rules / rule changes so as long as folks is comfortable with what I put on the forum then I would like to share some ideas? Although plagiarism will be rampant  :o